Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-15-2010, 08:48 AM   #1
BoboVitz

Drives: Toyota Vitz 2006 5DR
Yaris Parts on Vitz

Hi everyone

I've got a Vitz 5DR Hatchback year 2006. Unfortunately someone broke my left door mirror, and I can't seem the specific part for my car.

Called my dealer, and they can get me one but it is too expensive.

I managed to find a mirror on an american website, but it says it fits yaris 2006 onwards. Contacted customer care and they said the mirror won't fit.

I went further and checked the mirror codes and compatibilities on another website, and I found that yaris mirrors would fit with KSP90. But since I'm not so informed about this, I'd like a better opinion before I make any purchases.

Can someone technical or who have experienced this situation shed some light please?

Thanks!!
BoboVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The mounting is the same. The only potential issues are wiring differences (if you have power folding mirrors, heated mirrors, or signal lights on the mirrors {none of which the US mirrors will have}) and RHD versus LHD glass differences (where the passenger side mirror has the "objects may be closer than they appear").
Old 12-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #3
BoboVitz

My broken mirror is on the passenger left hand side, powered and not manual.

As far as I've researched and checked, it has 5 wires and I believe a white connector(which is still inside the door panel, hopefully nothing wrong on the other one attached to the car itself)

. I don't see the "objects may be closer than they appear" on my mirror, the glass is alright, just the mounting is broken and requires the whole thing to be changed.

No signal lights
Power Folding and can adjust the glass in 4 directions (up, down, left, right)

If I'm understanding right, you're saying that I'll lose the above mirror manipulation, should I opt to buy an American part for my Japanese imported car?

Your help is much appreciated!

PS: I've tried to look for my specific model, but I can't find anything, except yaris parts.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

We have the power mirrors in the US, just not the additional features, like the entire mirror folding towards the car at the push of a switch. Our power ones have the 5 same wire connector, so you are OK there.

I think that you will be OK with buying a US left hand side power mirror.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
BoboVitz

Is it alright if I pm you with what I intend to buy and let me know what you think about this power folding issue?

Unless it's alright to mention sites on the forum.

Cheers!!
Old 12-15-2010, 12:40 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoboVitz View Post
Is it alright if I pm you with what I intend to buy and let me know what you think about this power folding issue?

Unless it's alright to mention sites on the forum.

Cheers!!
No problem - You can post the link.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #7
BoboVitz

ok, this is what I was looking at ---> http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Toy...RE01744/362431
Old 12-15-2010, 01:28 PM   #8
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
ok, this is what I was looking at ---> http://www.1aauto.com/1A/Mirrors/Toy...RE01744/362431
That should be fine. Their title is a bit misleading though, as the part number 87940-52660 are power mirrors, which can be manually folded, but are not "power folding" mirrors.
Old 12-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #9
BoboVitz

Thanks on clearing that up for me.

Power folding mirrors which actually work would be nice though.

I'll keep looking for "real" power folding mirrors which are compatible with my car.

If you or anyone knows where I can get these, please let me know.

So far that code number you mentioned, is the only one on several sites
Old 12-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #10
BoboVitz

Still no results.

I'm off for today, if anyone knows where I can get fully power folding mirrors for my vitz please let me know!

It's a 2006 Vitz 5 door hatchback 1.0 VVT-i model: KSP90

Colour is not an issue as I can get that fixed, but full mirror functionality is a must.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #11
SailDesign

Drives: .
Bobo - are you in Europe, as in France, Germany, etc, or in "Europe" as in the UK?
i.e. which side of the road do you drive on?
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Thanks on clearing that up for me.

Power folding mirrors which actually work would be nice though.

I'll keep looking for "real" power folding mirrors which are compatible with my car.

If you or anyone knows where I can get these, please let me know.

So far that code number you mentioned, is the only one on several sites

The only place I have seen them is on the yahoo.jp auctions. The part number for the left hand folding mirror assembly is: 87940-52890
Old 12-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #13
BoboVitz

Quote:
Bobo - are you in Europe, as in France, Germany, etc, or in "Europe" as in the UK?
i.e. which side of the road do you drive on?
We drive on the left side.

Quote:
The only place I have seen them is on the yahoo.jp auctions. The part number for the left hand folding mirror assembly is: 87940-52890
Good find man thanks. I managed to track them down as well using your number. Unfortunately though they don't ship internationally, not to mention that one of them was kind of badly scratched. But we're on the right track!!

However I got different code from this site for my car frame model. (This surely leads no results neither on auctions or shopping. (My mirror code according to the website below is: 87940-52610, *dealer wouldn't give me the full code*)

Check it out - http://www.epc-data.com/ - if you didn't know about it, it could be useful for you and some of the rest.

At this point we're seriously thinking about going to dealer and pay around 300+USD for 1 mirror [some things you get used too eh?!]
Old 12-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #14
CTScott
ULTIMATE

87940-52610 is a power mirror that doesn't have the power folding, whereas 87940-52890 is the power mirror with power folding.

You only mentioned the 5 wires going to your mirror, which makes me think that you actually don't have power folding ones. Power folding ones have a second switch next to the power mirror adjusting switch, which makes the mirrors fold flat against the side of the car.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #15
BoboVitz

I only quoted a code I found on that site. I don't know my exact code, as my dealer would not give it to me.

I assumed those codes where for the power folding ones for the model I own. I am not 100% sure about this, but all I know is that the price listed on that site, is almost the same price as what my dealer asked. So mine remains just an assumption.

However, my car does have power folding, and as you put it, the mirrors fold flat against the side of the car. And I can see 5 wires hanging out, RED, ORANGE, PINK, WHITE & BLACK. It also has that switch you mentioned, next to the other one for the mirror glass adjustments.

Please note that my car mirrors don't have indicators on them. So, could the additional wires in the 7-pin connector would have something to do with this?

As I said I am not well informed about none of this, so I'm just guessing, thinking and the like.

It could be that my mirrors have the same code you're mentioning, (you obviously are more informed and knowledgeable than me), but they aren't stock. Since it's an imported Japanese 2nd hand car, some bloke could have got these extra or something.

...and the search continues..
Old 12-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #16
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
I only quoted a code I found on that site. I don't know my exact code, as my dealer would not give it to me.

I assumed those codes where for the power folding ones for the model I own. I am not 100% sure about this, but all I know is that the price listed on that site, is almost the same price as what my dealer asked. So mine remains just an assumption.

However, my car does have power folding, and as you put it, the mirrors fold flat against the side of the car. And I can see 5 wires hanging out, RED, ORANGE, PINK, WHITE & BLACK. It also has that switch you mentioned, next to the other one for the mirror glass adjustments.

Please note that my car mirrors don't have indicators on them. So, could the additional wires in the 7-pin connector would have something to do with this?

As I said I am not well informed about none of this, so I'm just guessing, thinking and the like.

It could be that my mirrors have the same code you're mentioning, (you obviously are more informed and knowledgeable than me), but they aren't stock. Since it's an imported Japanese 2nd hand car, some bloke could have got these extra or something.

...and the search continues..

If you want to PM me the VIN for your car, I can check the EPC to see which part number is correct for your car.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:15 PM   #17
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Just remember that a Left side mirror from a North American spec car will have a FLAT Mirror, not a curved one.
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:59 AM   #18
BoboVitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
If you want to PM me the VIN for your car, I can check the EPC to see which part number is correct for your car.
Cheers, check PM.