Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-25-2008, 03:37 PM   #73
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
As indicated elsewhere in this post, the retail pricing is $699. No pics are available since all we have is the performance prototype which does not represent the production intake. What we need at this point is to generate an official list. We need to have 10 yaris owners step up to purchase the intake so they can go into production. There will be NO deposit money required up front, just your word in print that you will be purchasing the intake when the production pieces are ready. Prior to any payment and shipping the production intakes, I will be happy to have Garm (or other member) come out for an official dyno test to illustrate the gains. For this intake to be produced, we need to have 10 buyers. If we get 20 buyers, we can talk about a group buy which would knock off $50 per manifold.
im sure there are 20 people right now who want one one. if we had 40 people whats the discount then???

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:19 PM   #74
bdc87
HISTORY REPEATED 11/04/08

Drives: 07' MM Vitz LB
Send a message via AIM to bdc87
I know of Richard from my mustang days, you can believe what he says but, pics of the actual product might help sway some thinking about it.
bdc87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:26 PM   #75
richardholdener

Drives: 2008 Yaris hatch
Since we don't even have 10 people willing to put their name on a list as of yet-I think it is a little premature to talk about group buys for 40. Also, the photo issue has already been addressed-only a prototype exists and it does not represent the production piece. Here is a photo of the production Nissan Versa intake-the yaris intake will feature a head flange, runners and a common plenum with a throttle body mount,but it will look nothin glike this one nor will it look like the prototype used for testing. There will be no photos of the prototype intake-only if and when the production piece is ready to display (much earlier than the full production run if we get the requistite number of yaris owner to indicate they intend to purchase if and only if we provide the following things: 1. an intake that bolts on a provides the power gains illustrated by the power graph, accepts the stock throtle body and associated lines and fittings and runs with no CELs at a price of $699). Since I am asking for no money up front, only an indication to purchase if these requirements are met. Please let me know if there is sufficient interest or if we should move on to a different application..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
im sure there are 20 people right now who want one one. if we had 40 people whats the discount then???
richardholdener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 06:27 PM   #76
richardholdener

Nissan Versa intake photo too large to upload-can I e-mail it to someone to manipulate?
Old 10-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #77
richardholdener

Air fuel is the same as stock intake since this motor has a mass air meter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cee_dub2003 View Post
I would just like to throw my 2 cents into this. I take my hat off to the making of this intake manifold. I really don't see committing to a high dollar item without seeing more info on this intake manifold. Everyone has to realize you are committing "with your word and in print" to purchase a item that hasn't even been seen yet. I wouldn't commit to buy any performance item without seeing pictures. whats wrong with posting prototype pictures? Its prototype right? I think everyone here would like to see pictures, and have more info on what they are committing to this.

Any A/F readings taken?
Old 10-25-2008, 06:58 PM   #78
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
upload to a image hosting site and usually during the upload they have resize options. imageshack.us or tinypic.com are a few
taKuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #79
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cee_dub2003 View Post
I would just like to throw my 2 cents into this. I take my hat off to the making of this intake manifold. I really don't see committing to a high dollar item without seeing more info on this intake manifold. Everyone has to realize you are committing "with your word and in print" to purchase a item that hasn't even been seen yet. I wouldn't commit to buy any performance item without seeing pictures. whats wrong with posting prototype pictures? Its prototype right? I think everyone here would like to see pictures, and have more info on what they are committing to this.

Any A/F readings taken?
People on this forums buy F/I kits that produce similar power and spend tons more.

Just because you don't believe the words of this master, doesn't make it false.

He probably doesn't post a picture, because like just about everyone else in this world, if he posts the prototype picture, everyone'll expect that. Or have some kind of misguided opinion of the product. When the final one arrives, and isn't what people expected, even though that isn't what was even promised, people'll complain. Its what happens.

And because you think that you need pictures, doesn't mean the rest of us do. Don't speak for the rest of us.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:38 PM   #80
kou

Drives: 08 lb
this is the versa manifold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg manifold.jpg (165.4 KB, 202 views)
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 08:43 PM   #81
Nexus1155
Bathroom + Laptop = <3

Drives: Audi
Send a message via AIM to Nexus1155
i saw that in the siphon magazing... anyone know what happened to them, they just stopped publishing?!
Nexus1155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 09:11 PM   #82
kou

no more siphon magazine this issue was the last.i am just guessing the same company is producing the yaris manifold.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:58 PM   #83
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
put me on that list.
PETERPOOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:20 PM   #84
kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
put me on that list.
you are on the list.
Old 10-25-2008, 10:21 PM   #85
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
If the prototype doesn't look like the functional production piece, would it still work the same and put out similar dyno numbers?

Showing us a Nissan Versa manifold doesn't do much for me; it has less in common to an actual production Yaris manifold than a prototype Yaris manifold.
TTE Lowering Springs, Camber bolts
TRD Blue brake pads
Fujitsubo Super Wagolis axleback exhaust
DC Sports header

Last edited by cleong; 10-26-2008 at 03:33 AM.
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 10:36 PM   #86
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Put me down on that GB list! Just need time to reserve the money
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #87
Noisetube

Drives: Vitz RS...
Quote:
Originally Posted by richardholdener View Post
Is this a request for the early Xb-we can just need 10 Xb owners to step up.
Question,
Any chance the Yaris intake will fit the Xb? since you're asking for 10 owners I assume you don't think it will. Because of the throttle or because of the engine bay room ?

Thanks.
Noisetube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 11:31 AM   #88
richardholdener

The gains would be similar for the easrly Xb since they share the same motor. We could do a run of intakes fo rthe early Xb as well (since much would be shared with yaris design), but like the yaris, we would need 10 early Xb owners to sign up to justify the production run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noisetube View Post
Question,
Any chance the Yaris intake will fit the Xb? since you're asking for 10 owners I assume you don't think it will. Because of the throttle or because of the engine bay room ?

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #89
richardholdener

Might also be able to do an adapter plate to go from yaris TB mounting flange to early XB mounting fplange-depends on orientationof intake in engine bay-I need to look at early Xb engine bay.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:52 AM   #90
toyochris

Drives: Yaris LB '07 Blazing Blue
if i put on myself on the list is there a time limit for the pay or can i be asure that if i dont put myself on the list now would it be production of the intake manifold on the future?
toyochris is offline   Reply With Quote