Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-01-2009, 07:48 PM   #1
Ashley87

Drives: 2009 2 door LB Carmine Red
Loud vibration/rattling on driver's side?

Hello there!

Got my '09 2-door LB, automatic transmission on December 23rd. No problems at all until just yesterday afternoon. I had not noticed any strange sounds or vibrations while driving, but yesterday afternoon as I was driving around the city, a very loud rattling, vibrating noise was very noticeable. It sounds like it is right under me or near the bottom of the door area. It just started doing this yesterday. I don't know if I'm imagining it, but I also did a 2-hour highway drive yesterday after the noise began, and it seemed to be riding rougher on that side as well as pulling a bit to one side. I pulled off the highway to double check my tires but everything looked normal, and from a quick glance everything looked fine underneath the car and in the door area.

Anyway, I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow as the paint seems to have some issues (strange lighter spots all over the car) and I also want them to check out the noise. But I wanted to check with you guys to see if you have any idea what it could be. Thanks in advance!
Ashley87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
it could be the ODBII connector. mine rattles.

and leaving stuffs in the tray just above the fuse box do rattle.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 10:22 PM   #3
GreenSpeed

Drives: '08 Yaris LB
I have rattling from the driver side cup holder area that goes away when I close it. Damned annoying.
GreenSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 02:24 AM   #4
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
mine just started too!
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote