Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2015, 12:14 PM   #37
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
You're starting to go off-topic.
If you read other threads about NST pulleys, your question would most likely have been answered.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #38
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
I'm running 1zz injectors with my Blitz set-up. I do get a 'Too Rich' code in the winter, likely due to choke but have no CEL spring, summer or fall.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:25 PM   #39
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Type S
Send a message via AIM to AzianCuz
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUSKOKA800 View Post
I'm running 1zz injectors with my Blitz set-up. I do get a 'Too Rich' code in the winter, likely due to choke but have no CEL spring, summer or fall.
I hope I don't get that...
BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
AzianCuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 08:29 AM   #40
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
not to hijack this thread but where are all of you guys sourcing your blitz S/C's from? It looks appealing to do down the road vs a T/C due t much less work required t install a S/C. I'm curious to the price and what it all comes with
Old 09-10-2015, 08:42 AM   #41
MUSKOKA800

Bought mine used from an Edmonton member several years back.

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:45 AM   #42
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
not to hijack this thread but where are all of you guys sourcing your blitz S/C's from? It looks appealing to do down the road vs a T/C due t much less work required t install a S/C. I'm curious to the price and what it all comes with
Definitely worth it in my opinion if you are going to drive the car until the wheels fall off.

Price is around $3000-$4000 now a days, depending on where you get it from. It is sourced straight from Japan, the kit is a Complete Bolt on but I found out from the installation that you need a tighter belt and added the 1zz injectors to make it run efficiently, Since I have other performance parts. But I believe the kit should run fine if you have everything stock, so far I love driving this car now and it picks up pretty quick for a Yaris ha-ha.

I got my S/C from A1-Motorsports and you can negotiate pricing. Took about (3-4 Months) to get...

If you are planning to go (SPEED RACER) then no the kit is not worth it, but if you're trying to get an extra boost and a better driving experience with Fuel Efficiency then yes it's worth it. In the end to each their own. But I love it!

BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
Old 09-10-2015, 04:03 PM   #43
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
I am experiencing audible ping/detonation even with 1zz injectors.
My only mods are a K&N filter in the stock air box and a Fidanza flywheel along with an aem water/meth kit.
My afr at wot are around 10.5 and still I hear the audible ping/detonation.
I am using ngk7 plugs and 95 octane fuel.
When I check ing advance using techstream it is reading in the single digits at wot when I hear the ping/detonation.
Can someone suggest what is causing this. I do have a check engine light on related to the egr thingy on the intake side of the head which was removed for the s/c install.
Thanks
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 05:20 PM   #44
tmontague

Thanks for the info Azian, looks like i'll be saving up for an S/C down the road...
Old 09-12-2015, 06:51 PM   #45
MUSKOKA800

Quote:
Thanks for the info Azian, looks like i'll be saving up for an S/C down the road...
Watch for a used one. I paid CA$1600.00 for mine and that included complimentary extra aftermarket goodies.

Old 09-12-2015, 09:04 PM   #46
tmontague

Wow, that's a damn good deal. The msrp in my opinion isn't worth it, but $1600 is great
Old 09-16-2015, 08:53 AM   #47
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Quote:
Yeah just look around bro, I'm sure you can find really cheap ones, I personally wouldn't get a used kit but if you know your cars and can fix parts yourself by all means. But I am loving the ride and throttle response. Everyday I try to keep myself from stepping on the pedal hard ha-ha!

Drive regular, Drive regular

then VROOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
Old 02-10-2016, 10:16 PM   #48
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Lightbulb 2007-2014 TOYOTA YARIS L4 1.5L 1497cc 1NZFE

Good evening my fellow YARIS-ians,

I was wondering if anyone used this injector before? They claimed it flows at 1497cc and I am wondering if that's overkill for us? FYI I upgraded to the 1ZZ and it's working but I just want to know, if it can get me more gains I might switch over.

Anyways see link below and as always appreciate all feedback:

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/fuel-...toyota/?v=3880
Old 02-16-2016, 06:21 AM   #49
alias06

Drives: 2008 Red Toyota Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzianCuz View Post
Good evening my fellow YARIS-ians,

I was wondering if anyone used this injector before? They claimed it flows at 1497cc and I am wondering if that's overkill for us? FYI I upgraded to the 1ZZ and it's working but I just want to know, if it can get me more gains I might switch over.

Anyways see link below and as always appreciate all feedback:

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/fuel-...toyota/?v=3880
That link shows fuel injectors that are matched for a 1nz meaning that they flow the same for each injector so that each cylinder will get the same amount of fuel, which should then result in a smoother running engine, I doubt that you'd get any kind of beneficial results by just switching over to them. The fuel injectors themselves do not flow 1497cc. It would be overkill for the 1nz, the 1497cc that they are referring to is most likely the engine size of the 1nz, 1.5L or approximately 1500cc (1497cc). Also the 1zz injectors already flow more than the 1nz injectors, reverting back to 1nz injectors would be pointless in your application...
alias06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:25 AM   #50
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Quote:
Originally Posted by alias06 View Post
That link shows fuel injectors that are matched for a 1nz meaning that they flow the same for each injector so that each cylinder will get the same amount of fuel, which should then result in a smoother running engine, I doubt that you'd get any kind of beneficial results by just switching over to them. The fuel injectors themselves do not flow 1497cc. It would be overkill for the 1nz, the 1497cc that they are referring to is most likely the engine size of the 1nz, 1.5L or approximately 1500cc (1497cc). Also the 1zz injectors already flow more than the 1nz injectors, reverting back to 1nz injectors would be pointless in your application...
Appreciate the feedback, that's what I figured, I was like isn't that much flow over kill lol. Anyways thanks again and btw the 1ZZ injectors from that site works GREAT!!!
Old 04-29-2016, 06:31 AM   #51
Gorilla

Drives: Vitz & Supra
Guys are celica 2zzge injectors recommended for sc 1nzfe or 1zz sufficient?
Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 10:11 AM   #52
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I use 1zz injectors in my Blitz'd Yaris. I run a AFe short ram intake and don't have any problems going lean with the 1zz injectors.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote