Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-27-2019, 03:54 PM   #1
geo4st

Drives: yaris d4d 2013
Power cable pass through

Hello i 'm new here, by the chance, I'm George and i have a 2013 d4d yaris. I want to install an amp and a sub and i wonder if there is a cable pass through from engine bay to cabin. A gromet or something i can't find it, in almost all cars is next to pedals i try to find it but there is nothing. Anyone that has done it? Thank you for your time.

P.S. sorry if my English are not so good
geo4st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
keith204

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Yeah I had this issue, but it was on a 2007. Wayyy harder to find than any other car I've worked on.

I ended up putting my head in the gas pedal area, and reaching way up to find a rubber boot above the steering column. It's pretty thick. I poked a hole in there, fed a stiff wire through, then attached the thick wire and pulled it through (which I lost several times, and ended up having to tape it lengthwise quite longly)
Old 11-16-2019, 07:40 PM   #3
Niki Knuckles

Drives: RS
After removing the plastic inner wheel well. Try drilling through the wheel well. Then carry the power wire through the hole you drilled out of the firewall, to the battery.

I'll post photos of what I did later...
Niki Knuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:05 PM   #4
Winter

Drives: 2008 black
On the 2008 there is a grommet on passenger side, i believe just above or beside the computer on firewall side. Punch hole through then leave the tool used in it or put something else in there. Go inside car on pax side and remove glove box and you may see it but you might need to pull the carpet back from top left. It is difficult but it is there and it is not used. Careful when trying to make the hole as you might push the whole grommet in if so you can find it on the other side but still leave the tool used to punch it out in hole as easier to locate on the other side.
Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 11:06 PM   #5
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
May depend on right hand drive or left?
Old 02-08-2020, 11:07 PM   #6
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
On left hand drive (usa) I did the same as Winter.