Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-08-2010, 02:11 PM   #19
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
well, the store hasn't received the magazine yet, i will check another location if they have it~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #20
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
The silver one pictured above is only the most extreme option offered in Japan. The regular model pictured many times in other threads is just as toned down as the current model.

The sedan will certainly live on. It sells just as well as the LB even worldwide. Actually, I see a lot more sedans than LB's.
Being in the U.S., yes you will see more sedans as that's more popular in general in the U.S. hatches aren't as popular. Catching on. But I think regardless American's love their trunks. I preferr hatch but that's me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemelek View Post
I could imagine the out cry about the performance.
Well I think being Japan its not as big a deal of the hp. Remember they are a crowded country especially in the cities. Plus their speed limits are low compared to ours. Also gas tax I believe is higher and what not. I have no doubt they like hp and performance but I think they aren't as obsessed about like the U.S. culture is, in general.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #21
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioshi View Post
well, the store hasn't received the magazine yet, i will check another location if they have it~
would Borders sell this?

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Here's a video that's a teaser of the 12/22 unveiling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4bUfnx3tY4
Old 12-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #23
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
would Borders sell this?
No sir, BORDERS will not. It will be at Kinokuniya or if a massive Mitsuwa store is in your state, then that is the next best place.

I'm going to check another store location on the 15th, the store SHOULD have it by then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Here's a video that's a teaser of the 12/22 unveiling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4bUfnx3tY4
Awesome find Scott.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:07 PM   #24
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Another find - This one is a flash animation with 9 "secret pictures":

http://toyota.vo.llnwd.net/e1/toyota/heart-up-vitz/

2012 - 1.jpg

2012 - 2.jpg

2012 - 3.jpg

2012 - 4.jpg

2012 - 5.jpg

2012 - 6.jpg

2012 - 7.jpg

2012 - 8.jpg

2012 - 9.jpg
Old 12-10-2010, 12:05 AM   #25
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

First image says in japanese...

"You dont need words.''
"If you see you will understand''

I'll translate the others tomorrow...
Old 12-10-2010, 07:41 AM   #26
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
First image says in japanese...

"You dont need words.''
"If you see you will understand''

I'll translate the others tomorrow...

Hey Kioshi, would you or anyone else here know why products such as cars still have English all over them even domestically in Japan? I find that odd, especially for all those that don't speak English. Everything from badges to the instrument panels seem to be in English. I would expect a Japanese product made and sold in Japan would have Japanese print on it, No?

Just curious.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 01:20 PM   #27
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Makes me feel old to have a 1 gen now. LOL. It really look cool, but I'll never give up my cable throttled engine. Even power steering was pushing it for me. I'm more into the basics of driving. :)
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #28
eht13

Drives: .
After seeing that new official video on YouTube and the Japanese Toyota site sneak pics, I'm thinking the new Vitz will be pretty cool. I wonder if the Yaris hatchback will continue as a 3-door, because even the current model is only a 5-door in Japan (so the new model pics we've seen so far are only 5-door).

I looked at the Belta (sedan) section on the Japanese Toyota site too, but there are no hints there at all (yet anyway) about a redesign.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:50 AM   #29
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
After seeing that new official video on YouTube and the Japanese Toyota site sneak pics, I'm thinking the new Vitz will be pretty cool. I wonder if the Yaris hatchback will continue as a 3-door, because even the current model is only a 5-door in Japan (so the new model pics we've seen so far are only 5-door).

I looked at the Belta (sedan) section on the Japanese Toyota site too, but there are no hints there at all (yet anyway) about a redesign.
Yeah, I think the new car is going to grow on people. For me, the front end is a big improvement. At least now, you won't "need" eyelids to fix the overly happy headlights as found on the current model. Hopefully, the same fix is done with the sedan headlights which are also to high and "happy" looking.

I also can't believe the 3-door isn't offered in Japan. JDM cars are known to come with tons of options for their home market. From numerous engines, tons of colors, all kinds of trim levels, and tech options we never see. Yet, they can only get the 5-door. Weird.

I'm dying to see the new sedan and I'm surprised it isn't being leaked like the LB since they are sold on the same schedule.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #30
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Quote:
Yeah, I think the new car is going to grow on people. For me, the front end is a big improvement. At least now, you won't "need" eyelids to fix the overly happy headlights as found on the current model. Hopefully, the same fix is done with the sedan headlights which are also to high and "happy" looking.

I also can't believe the 3-door isn't offered in Japan. JDM cars are known to come with tons of options for their home market. From numerous engines, tons of colors, all kinds of trim levels, and tech options we never see. Yet, they can only get the 5-door. Weird.

I'm dying to see the new sedan and I'm surprised it isn't being leaked like the LB since they are sold on the same schedule.
Toyota is very good at keeping a lid on stuff. Probably one of the best at it. Not to say people still get a sneak peak. Like the 2012 Camry. that's really under wraps. I think more so now cause of the competition is a lot better. I think like the current Vitz that came out the sedan came out later. So we'll probrably see that later for this version. If it comes out before the new Camry then we'll have somewhat of an idea of the design direction of the next Camry (if history is any indication. Current sedan simlar design/outside). Or if the Camry comes out first, that might be an indication of what the sedan could look like or very similar.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #31
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000 View Post
Toyota is very good at keeping a lid on stuff. Probably one of the best at it. Not to say people still get a sneak peak. Like the 2012 Camry. that's really under wraps. I think more so now cause of the competition is a lot better. I think like the current Vitz that came out the sedan came out later. So we'll probrably see that later for this version. If it comes out before the new Camry then we'll have somewhat of an idea of the design direction of the next Camry (if history is any indication. Current sedan simlar design/outside). Or if the Camry comes out first, that might be an indication of what the sedan could look like or very similar.

You're right that Toyota is one of the kings of keeping design secrets. Usually, Toyota doesn't show their designs until very close to release. On the other hand, companies like GM and Ford show production cars sometimes 2 or more years ahead of release. Volt, '12 Focus, Fiesta, Cruze, ect are the recent examples. Companies shouldn't let the competition prepare by publicly showing models way ahead of time.

Yeah, the new Camry is secured in an underground bunker somewhere. It is the worlds most important model and Toyota ain't letting the competition prepare.

I remember the '07 Yaris sedan came out after the '07 Camry at least in the US (both new that year). I assume the same will be true this time around.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:47 PM   #32
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:

As weird as this is going to sound, 3 doors just don't sell in Japan. Look at all the models, STi, Evo, etc, they are all 4 or 5 door now.

It is the reason 3 doors were so uncommon on Japanese cars for so long. Heck, the Japanese car companies don't even get it.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #33
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Quote:
You're right that Toyota is one of the kings of keeping design secrets. Usually, Toyota doesn't show their designs until very close to release. On the other hand, companies like GM and Ford show production cars sometimes 2 or more years ahead of release. Volt, '12 Focus, Fiesta, Cruze, ect are the recent examples. Companies shouldn't let the competition prepare by publicly showing models way ahead of time.

Yeah, the new Camry is secured in an underground bunker somewhere. It is the worlds most important model and Toyota ain't letting the competition prepare.

I remember the '07 Yaris sedan came out after the '07 Camry at least in the US (both new that year). I assume the same will be true this time around.
You're right. Its competition. Also hype/marketing. Its a balance. GM isn't good about this. They hype up stuff too early and too much in general. You know? Although we will get a sneak peak at the next Yaris (new Vitz) early. of course JDM spec but in reality pretty similar. With the internet and instant information, its harder for automakers to keep stuff under wraps. We're seeing 2012 models already and its not even 2011!! crazy! its nice for us car people (at least for me) but its crazy to think that. I remember Toyota unwrapped the current USDM Yaris/hatch in 05 but it was marketed as an 07. I read its for resale value. of course hype and marketing. You gotta have the latest and greatest. Imagine telling your neighbor you have a car that is a 2013 model? And its 2010 lol.

Although I think the Yaris came out a similar time as the current Camry. Both came out March of 06 from what I remembered.

I just have this bad feeling that the next yaris will have a 4 speed auto still even the fail refresh of the 2011 Corolla has a 4speed. WTF? The competition is kicking butt you can't slack Toyota. I know most of their line up is dated, but they can't just make another car/appliance anymore. They have to really step it up. Yes there are still loyal Toyota buyers that buy cause of the badge but that's no excuse to be lazy. End of rant
Old 12-15-2010, 08:16 PM   #34
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Latest CARトップ magazine bought.
Scans will be posted late thurs night/friday morning..due to snowboarding.

There are 4 grades... F, RS, U, and JEWELA. Jewela is pretty much modellista..in 2 versions..
17 colors offered!

Specs...
All models offer cvt transmission...but a pic with the manual is shown. ill read in details and see what's going on.
Rs tire size are...195/50r16
engine for Rs is 80kw(90ps)
Old 12-17-2010, 05:27 PM   #35
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Latest CARトップ magazine bought.
Scans will be posted late thurs night/friday morning..due to snowboarding.

There are 4 grades... F, RS, U, and JEWELA. Jewela is pretty much modellista..in 2 versions..
17 colors offered!

Specs...
All models offer cvt transmission...but a pic with the manual is shown. ill read in details and see what's going on.
Rs tire size are...195/50r16
engine for Rs is 80kw(90ps)
ok. its time. lets have it.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:24 PM   #36
Kal-El

I can't believe Japan gets 17 colors! The US will only see about 7-8 colors. Then again, Americans don't like all those gay colors.