Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #145
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
The new pedestrian law no doubt
Old 08-15-2014, 02:46 PM   #146
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
I wonder if those new 2015 taillights would fit in a 2012-2014 LE/SE?
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 02:49 PM   #147
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Drives: Yaris L Coupe
MEH

1/2 the country is sedated, no wonder why they prefer sedated colors. SO tired of the Baby S**t Browns, and the Comatose Greys & the Trashy Taupe's - Give me some REAL COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM

Never cared for silver, but is has grown on me...I could handle a silver car now.
Never liked charcoal gray metallic - looks good on cars, tho, when I see it, but would not want to own a car that was this color.

I don't care about resale value - I buy a car to use or baby the crap out of - If I'm paying 15,000 - 20,000 - 25,000 whatever for a car, I want a decent flashy noticeable color. The biggest automaker in the universe ought to go back to having these colors. Maybe they'd sell even MORE cars if they all didn't LOOK THE SAME Thank You, That is all for now...
yougojay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 05:26 PM   #148
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by yougojay View Post
1/2 the country is sedated, no wonder why they prefer sedated colors. SO tired of the Baby S**t Browns, and the Comatose Greys & the Trashy Taupe's - Give me some REAL COLORS TO CHOOSE FROM

Never cared for silver, but is has grown on me...I could handle a silver car now.
Never liked charcoal gray metallic - looks good on cars, tho, when I see it, but would not want to own a car that was this color.

I don't care about resale value - I buy a car to use or baby the crap out of - If I'm paying 15,000 - 20,000 - 25,000 whatever for a car, I want a decent flashy noticeable color. The biggest automaker in the universe ought to go back to having these colors. Maybe they'd sell even MORE cars if they all didn't LOOK THE SAME Thank You, That is all for now...
^^^^^ That was the 60's man, but we were too little and too sheltered to really know what was going on .

I do agree with you though that half the population (currently) is sedated .
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:00 PM   #149
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
I wonder if those new 2015 taillights would fit in a 2012-2014 LE/SE?
I wonder? They'd certainly look much better than the current ones! Of course, you'd still need back-up lights.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:00 PM   #150
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nookandcrannycar View Post
^^^^^ That was the 60's man, but we were too little and too sheltered to really know what was going on .

I do agree with you though that half the population (currently) is sedated .
Oh, I probably knew too much!
I remember the Shell Gas Station on the corner of Ridge Road and Wilmette Avenue in Wilmette, IL - it's still there! I have a photo of me on my bike in the parking lot, gas was 28, 30 & 32 cents a gallon on the sign!
Tommy James & the Shondells were all over the radio...
Old 08-16-2014, 12:26 AM   #151
nookandcrannycar

Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Oh, I probably knew too much!
I remember the Shell Gas Station on the corner of Ridge Road and Wilmette Avenue in Wilmette, IL - it's still there! I have a photo of me on my bike in the parking lot, gas was 28, 30 & 32 cents a gallon on the sign!
Tommy James & the Shondells were all over the radio...
I just meant that anti-war war protests, the peace movement, etc weren't in our face every day in our bubble like communities....even though my metro area growing up was ground zero for a lot of that. Public transit expanded greatly in the Bay Area in the early 70s and kids could take it all over the place. Now.....helicopter parents .. But my most recent experience is in Marin County, and public transportation isn't as extensive there as it is in other parts of the Bay Area. The first three albums I owned were - Abbey Road (The Beatles), Willie and the Poor Boys (Creedence Clearwater Revival)...some friends of the family owned a company that was located down the street from the Duck Kee Market, and their employees were regular patrons of that market), and Symphony No. 9 (Beethoven...performed by the symphony orchestra of some city in Germany). I remember 'Crimson and Clover' and 'Crystal Blue Persuasion', but I don't think I knew (at the time) who the performers were. My dad liked Sinatra, Billy Eckstine, Belafonte, etc. My mother liked Belafonte, a lot of big band music, and a lot of classical, etc. (my parents were old when I was born). My dad's two favorite songs of all time - Sinatra's 'My Way' and America's 'A Horse With No Name'.

You were lucky to grow up in an area that is pretty flat (easy to ride your bike around). My hometown is very hilly (but we did ride our bikes around quite a bit ). I do remember those gas prices as well .
Old 08-16-2014, 11:45 AM   #152
Superfly
Makin' it rain

Drives: 2012 Silver Yaris LE
Quote:
Seriously Yaris color choices are horrible. You have a choice of white, red, silver, gray, black, blue, Blue & BLUE
Thank you! I don't understand the lack of even the most basic of non-subtle colors. Would it be some abhorrent act of the auto gods if Toyota allowed us the opportunity to purchase a candy apple red, dark maroon, teal, cream or other vintage-inspired colors? Look at cars from the 50s - 70s; they cruised in two-tones, mint greens, racing yellows, tangerines and plum purples. We get blue, fifty shades of gray and one red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post
There is a small group of people who like the brighter candy colors, particularly fans of small cars. Largely though, people prefer sedated colors - silver, white, grey, black...

Part of it is resale value. The basic colors I mentioned means an easier sell down the road and for more money. Selling a bright yellow or lime green used car is going to be a challenge.
Perhaps resale value has something to do with it, however, the Big Three and Fiat are all pushing lots of unique colors on their vehicles including some iconic ones like the Mustang, and they don't seem to have issues selling those. I feel that if Toyota looked beyond the entrenched demographic they have been selling to, they would see new buyers want options in color. No one has said the entire Yaris production line has to be bright and bold but some variations on the color spectrum would be so welcomed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
The 2015 front end (Yuk!) makes the 2012-2014 front end (which I've never liked) look so much better to me!

The 2015 rear lenses look much better. The back-up lights appear to be in the lower apron. Too bad the rear reflectors have been deleted. Nice to see the chrome garnish is now body colour.
The newly designed front end is growing on me. I never was a fan of the stunted bird beak on my 2012. That being said, I still prefer the "bubble" of the previous generation.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #153
yougojay
25, 550 MILES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfly View Post
Thank you! I don't understand the lack of even the most basic of non-subtle colors. Would it be some abhorrent act of the auto gods if Toyota allowed us the opportunity to purchase a candy apple red, dark maroon, teal, cream or other vintage-inspired colors? Look at cars from the 50s - 70s; they cruised in two-tones, mint greens, racing yellows, tangerines and plum purples. We get blue, fifty shades of gray and one red.

Perhaps resale value has something to do with it, however, the Big Three and Fiat are all pushing lots of unique colors on their vehicles including some iconic ones like the Mustang, and they don't seem to have issues selling those. I feel that if Toyota looked beyond the entrenched demographic they have been selling to, they would see new buyers want options in color. No one has said the entire Yaris production line has to be bright and bold but some variations on the color spectrum would be so welcomed.

The newly designed front end is growing on me. I never was a fan of the stunted bird beak on my 2012. That being said, I still prefer the "bubble" of the previous generation.
You're Welcome...!
I think the LACK of colors all has to do with money invested/profit. It has got to be cheaper to have 8 colors than 20. (making notes here to suggest more color choices on the next survey Toyota sends me, I'm sure they'll listen) No Toyota, I don't want a TWENTY SEVEN INCH TOUCH SCREEN in my next Yaris, I want Chocolate Brown opaque with black vinyl buckets!
I am OK with the 2012 - 2014 front end. My 2013 Yaris is MY car, kinda like the ol' ball & chain, love 'em or leave 'em. I love it for what it is. I do really like the 'bubble' 'egg' or rounded 2nd generation front ends a lot. It's friendly looking & cute. Cute is good.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:20 PM   #154
428CobraJet

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr, 13 F150rcsb 5.0
I'm surprised they dont rotate half the colors every year. Half would be core and half would be fun.
White/silver/black...big bad blue/plum crazy/calypso coral
Old 08-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #155
nookandcrannycar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 428CobraJet View Post
I'm surprised they dont rotate half the colors every year. Half would be core and half would be fun.
White/silver/black...big bad blue/plum crazy/calypso coral
Good idea!