Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2014, 07:53 PM   #1
freewave

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Question Help! The weirdest thing started happening today...

I have a 2007 Yaris. Base model, auto, 2 door, only owner. The last three years not a lot of maintenance has been done. Oil changes and fluids only, sorta thing. Has a small exhaust leak, but it hasn't been there long.

This morning I started her up, and it sounded normal. Then it stalled when I brought the gearshift down past neutral into drive. I started it again, and again everything sounded fine. I feathered the gas as I brought the gearshift down and it went into drive. Drove to work normal. When I got to work I tested it to see if I could replicate it, and I could.

I searched on here all day at work, but couldn't find anything really relevant. A coworker suggested it could be the spark plugs, so I changed those myself as well as the air filter. Both were overdue.

When I started it back up, the engine sounded fairly "off." Like it wasn't firing right. It immediately stalled when shifting into drive.

What could cause this?

Thanks in advance!
freewave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plug, shift, spark, stall, transmission