Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-13-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
bluesky

Drives: Yaris
need ideas!

I have my black yaris from last year,december..so not a long time ago.,but i;v seen now that i have done some mistakes washing the car in a public car-wash!Now,i see on my car swirls and these makes me crasy.I tried to find,these days,how and what can i do to remove them:by hand with different polish etc,and even with an macchine;Seeing that here are a lot of great people with the same passion i hope that someone could help me with some product(that can be find worldwide,so even in italy) and methos that are 100% working,advices!Thanks a lot!

ps:sorry for my english!
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 04:59 PM   #2
sherriebythesea

Drives: 2010 Yaris
I hope someone can help you. I got my 2010 just 2 weeks ago and after reading the forum checked and see swirls all over mine.
sherriebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
If it is indeed that swirled, i'd recommend taking it to a professional Detailer, If not take it to your Local Toyota dealership and see if they can recommend anything. If it's " spider webbing" then that will be under the clearcoat and you can't do much about that. As far as something being 100 percent effective, That's like me guaranteeing you the winning lottery numbers for tonite before they are drawn.

How did you wash the vehicle ? Did you use a wool glove ? A sponge ? A microfiber brush ? What drying method did you use ? A chamois (shammy)? Microfiber towel ? Regular bath towel ? And when waxing the car did you use an abrasive wax ? A paint sealant ? Spray wax? And what did you use to remove the wax ?

All of these things can have different outcomes on how your car is now. And like i said before take it to a professional first, Get their opinion.

I'm pretty sure the fix would be some type of Swirl mark remover, used with a buffer @ 1400 RPM's with a foam pad. Every product will be different and could differ on the RPM's anywhere from 1000 - 1800 RPM's.

After that i'd do a buff wax with a finishing pad at about 1000 rpm's.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 08:36 AM   #4
bluesky

Drives: Yaris
thanks for your opinions guys!i think that i will ask at the toyota service tomorow(i receveid the letter with the recall),and i hope that this problem will not cost me much!
bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2009 Yaris Onyx
plenty of info here http://www.autopia.org/forum/index.php .
DARK AGE 53 is offline   Reply With Quote