Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2007, 09:07 PM   #19
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by churp View Post
Could stand some enlightenment....little overweight!
No, thank dog! I am still holding 175 after all these years, but my little brain could use all the help I can get.
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #20
drifto

Drives: 07 5spd Yaris LB
Send a message via MSN to drifto
my girl says its cute too, but at the same time so could a civic or a miata or any other subcompact car. its what you like that counts. its a sad day when somone buys something (esp. a car) because it will make them look more tough. to me it dont mean shit what you drive, its how you drive. ill respect any car if the driver has a real purpose for it. but the little man with the excursion who cant see over the dash and cuts everyone off on purpose... that guy i just laugh at.

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
http://microimage.ning.com/
http://www.microimageonline.com/store.html
drifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:21 PM   #21
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by drifto View Post
my girl says its cute too, but at the same time so could a civic or a miata or any other subcompact car. its what you like that counts. its a sad day when somone buys something (esp. a car) because it will make them look more tough. to me it dont mean shit what you drive, its how you drive. ill respect any car if the driver has a real purpose for it. but the little man with the excursion who cant see over the dash and cuts everyone off on purpose... that guy i just laugh at.

Miata is pretty girlie

but NO HATCH is GIRLIE.

END of story
Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 PM   #22
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
a car that serves its purpose... whoda thunk it.

All good to me, nothing wrong with having a car the ladies love too
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:38 PM   #23
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
I was torn between the XA and Yaris. I went for the Yaris LB BECAUSE it was cute. Fresh, if you will. The car gets a lot of looks, that's for sure. But with gas so expensive let them look. As for being macho - why should I give a shit about what other think about what car I drive.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 PM   #24
spkrman
Banned

Drives: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTM Yaris View Post
You know kinda like when your WOman wears HER panties around the house .
fixed it for you
spkrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #25
leowhy

Drives: Yaris 1.5G
its love at 1st sight... no other logical reason...
Old 05-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #26
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
yeah, i'm not too concerned what people think of me and my car either.

it gets me around town, it isn't a part of my personality.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #27
drifto

Quote:
Originally Posted by spkrman View Post
a car that serves its purpose... whoda thunk it.

All good to me, nothing wrong with having a car the ladies love too
definitly

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
Old 05-29-2007, 09:54 PM   #28
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
yeah, i'm not too concerned what people think of me and my car either.

it gets me around town, it isn't a part of my personality.

come on now, you wouldn't have joined a forum if you didn't care to somewhat about what you drove, you are into it

now it may not be a part of your person or personality so much but in some whay like all material things people appreciate, it is an extension of what you want to project

at least that is what I think, I'm not trying to call you out or start a debate but I think we choose all things for reasons other than simply to get around, or, cover our bodies, or, to keep us out of the rain and give us shelter ,or, whatever

we choose are homes, cars, pets, spouses, lawnmowers and friends based on much more than just basic purposes
Old 05-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #29
The Stig

Drives: 07 LB MM 5spd, 99 M Coupe
only insecure males need that macho thing.
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:11 PM   #30
yaris-intuit
Aunty Yaris is In!

Drives: Blazing Blue, 2 Dr Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtownYaris View Post
I'm a mid-20's male who thought the car was cute. At 35MPG everyone can laugh at me and tell me I have a girlie car, I don't mind. I have a Chevy Astro van for anytime I need to haul stuff. But for going to and from work and hitting a maximum speed of 55mph, the Yaris makes way more sense.

Most of the ones I see around here are being driven by women, but when I do see a guy in one I think "there goes a smart hip man...who is laughing all the way to bank!"
I loved the Yaris from the first time I saw it! Everytime I see it from my office it makes me smile, and no other car has ever done that for me.
yaris-intuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #31
stuffy

Quote:
come on now, you wouldn't have joined a forum if you didn't care to somewhat about what you drove, you are into it

now it may not be a part of your person or personality so much but in some whay like all material things people appreciate, it is an extension of what you want to project

at least that is what I think, I'm not trying to call you out or start a debate but I think we choose all things for reasons other than simply to get around, or, cover our bodies, or, to keep us out of the rain and give us shelter ,or, whatever

we choose are homes, cars, pets, spouses, lawnmowers and friends based on much more than just basic purposes
don't get me wrong, i love the yaris, it's a great economical car that is still fun to drive and i think it looks great,
but i dont' view it as an extension of myself and i'm not trying to project any kind of image to the world at large by driving it.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:17 PM   #32
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy View Post
don't get me wrong, i love the yaris, it's a great economical car that is still fun to drive and i think it looks great,
but i dont' view it as an extension of myself and i'm not trying to project any kind of image to the world at large by driving it.
I hear 'ya

I guess what I mean by projection is. You would rather project yourself as an individual that drives an economical somewhat sporty car with clean lines. Rather than someone that drives a Hummer for example and has huge Chrome rims and a BMW motorcycle on the roof rack.

Old 05-29-2007, 10:21 PM   #33
drifto

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickhardmeat View Post

true, your choises are an extension of your personality and desires. but its those choises that define us. i just cant respect the guy who buys a car to be mr. tommy tuff nutz... mostly b/c in the end they drive like a deek.
anyways, i guess none of us should give a rats ass what people say about our car. there will always be those that hate, and those that respect. i just try to show respect untill that person loses my respect, whether they drive a cobra mustang or a beetle.

07 Yaris LB 5spd
AE86 Corolla GTS 5spd
Old 05-29-2007, 10:29 PM   #34
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Quote:
true, your choises are an extension of your personality and desires. but its those choises that define us. i just cant respect the guy who buys a car to be mr. tommy tuff nutz... mostly b/c in the end they drive like a deek.
anyways, i guess none of us should give a rats ass what people say about our car. there will always be those that hate, and those that respect. i just try to show respect untill that person loses my respect, whether they drive a cobra mustang or a beetle.
agreed for the most part

I want to like the new beetle but the image has been destroyed from seeing to many middle aged chubby women cruising next to me with a plastic daisy sticking up out of that dashboard vase.

I am still a fan of the classic beetle. Always will be. Nothing wrong with a mustang. I know a really cool dyke that drives one.

my car is not an extension of my penis, it is simply what I prefer to drive, at times it has been what I have to drive like when I drove an '89 Toyota Longbed
Old 05-29-2007, 11:07 PM   #35
stuffy

Quote:
my car is not an extension of my penis, it is simply what I prefer to drive, at times it has been what I have to drive like when I drove an '89 Toyota Longbed
geez, even the yaris would be a pretty big penis extension.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:17 AM   #36
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Is that a Yaris in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote