Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2015, 02:08 PM   #1
harda toenail

Drives: Want a yaris
Help me identify this sound

At low/medium RMPs my yaris makes an odd sound. I originally thought it was just shuddering from the clutch so I've gotten use to keeping the car in higher RPMs. However, I can now replicate the noise in neutral. I posted a video so you can hear it. https://youtu.be/kYehgNYcXns This is the best I could capture the sound with my phone camera. It isn't any louder with the window open.

It is sometimes much worse sounding than others. Not sure what the variable is effecting it. Any help is appreciated!

It's an 08 MT 105k miles. Only repairs are water pump at 80k and driver's side airbag sensor.
harda toenail is offline   Reply With Quote