Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 07-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #1
CalamityConcept

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
Can I get away with it?

New to Yaris's in general. I've been in the MR2 and Subaru game for quite some time. Sold off my Forester XT and my 2 MR2's and picked up the Yaris to save some money/daily drive it... But I still want the Yaris to look good!

I'm going to be installing Tanabe df210's onto my white 08 hatchback in the next few weeks. I like a nice stance (who doesn't) And had my eyes on the Konig Candy wheels in white.

I'm wondering if this particular setup will rub or give me issues. (I have plenty of experience with fender rolling but would like to avoid it if possible)

With the DF210s I want to run a 195-50-15 tire on 15x7.5 +30 offset wheel. I know 15x7 +35 wheels will fit no problem, but I'm just unsure if I could get away with the slightly lower offset and slightly wider wheel without rubbing issues. Any help/advice on this setup would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
CalamityConcept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Just for comparison, I'm on Tein S.Tech's with 205/40/17 tires on a 17x7.5 rims with an offset of +38. They rub the fender liner up front, no biggie. I also have 10mm hub spacers in the back, and the tires rubbed pretty bad before I rolled the fenders and put in some coil lifter/spacers.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:30 PM   #3
Pur_Blu

Drives: NCVC craziest
Send a message via AIM to Pur_Blu Send a message via Yahoo to Pur_Blu
i only rub on big bumps...

tein s tech
15x9 et0
195-50 f
205-50 r

the DF isn't an extreme drop and given the offset you wanna run that will give ur car a nice stance and safe for DD
Pur_Blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:44 AM   #4
JTDBT903

Drives: '08 SEDAN 5 SPD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
Just for comparison, I'm on Tein S.Tech's with 205/40/17 tires on a 17x7.5 rims with an offset of +38. They rub the fender liner up front, no biggie. I also have 10mm hub spacers in the back, and the tires rubbed pretty bad before I rolled the fenders and put in some coil lifter/spacers.
I always wondered why you had such a level stance!
Can you tell me any more info about the spacers?
I have the droopy ass syndrome and have about a 1/2'' difference between the front and back. I thought about cutting the front springs but I rub a little on highway dips, I'm on 195/55/16 on Mini Cooper rims.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:13 PM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTDBT903 View Post
I always wondered why you had such a level stance!
Can you tell me any more info about the spacers?
I have the droopy ass syndrome and have about a 1/2'' difference between the front and back. I thought about cutting the front springs but I rub a little on highway dips, I'm on 195/55/16 on Mini Cooper rims.
I'm using the block style spacers. Some have either disintegrated or fallen off.

I'd recommend the collar style spacers instead. You can look here for the rears (or remove "rear only" in the option if you want to find some for the fronts as well).

http://www.summitracing.com/search/D...y/?Ns=Rank|Asc

The blocks I have have two settings, I'm using the smaller setting. It barely raises the rear, and I'm mainly using them to prevent full compression of the suspension since I'll rub if it can full compress
Old 07-22-2011, 07:44 AM   #6
JTDBT903

Drives: '08 SEDAN 5 SPD.
Kaotic.
I never thought anybody was using the collar type.
It looks like all those are for rear wheel drive cars but I have seen some on E-bay for Yaris.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTDBT903 View Post
Kaotic.
I never thought anybody was using the collar type.
It looks like all those are for rear wheel drive cars but I have seen some on E-bay for Yaris.
I believe jpadua on here is using the collar type. Shoot him a PM to confirm.