Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2012, 04:04 PM   #37
goliath1812

Drives: 2010 Prius, 2007 Yaris Sedan
That sucks! The apartment complex can't help out at all? No cameras or anything?
Old 05-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #38
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
nah man unfortunately not

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:35 PM   #39
matthewai

Drives: it is kinda stock
yeah deff check out alarms

that does indeed sugg balls

i have an automate remote start / alarm its cheaper than the viper i believe and works just as well
Old 05-31-2012, 05:40 PM   #40
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain View Post
Did you have an MI decal by any chance? The vandals broke the glass where my MI sticker was LOL
a side note on this comment i also need another MI sticker thinking about buying a yarisworld sticker from MI and assuming they would also throw an MI sticker in the package...2 birds with one stone BAYYYYYPPPEEEEE any one think this is plausible?

once again sorry bout your window broseph
Old 05-31-2012, 09:09 PM   #41
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i'd check with your insurance agent about alarms, most insurance companies will give a discount for alarms, and they have several different steps depending on what the alarm does.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #42
matthewai

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
i'd check with your insurance agent about alarms, most insurance companies will give a discount for alarms, and they have several different steps depending on what the alarm does.
+1 i did this passive alarm is the way to go plus what ever other add ons
Old 06-01-2012, 02:57 AM   #43
LEXX
0-60 IN UNDER FIVE

Drives: 2008 Blk on Blk Yaris Sedan
atleast you still got the car

was thinking about moving down to FL but i know im lucky as hell to be living in one of the most crime free spots in the country ... boring... but crime free.. was voted number 5 or 3 on the top ten best places to live in the nation a couple times... but if i do head there i'm getting one of those trackers and making sure i move into something that comes with a garage
Old 06-01-2012, 09:23 AM   #44
Form>Function

Drives: 07 Flint Sedan
Yea I am alarm shopping now and will let my insurance know.

Why would you want to move from there Lexx? lol

1.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:01 AM   #45
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
Maybe they were more interested in the security badge or the gate clicker...are you missing anything with your address or any work uniforms, etc?
Sad to say, I thought about the address as well....It was the first thing I thought about when I read the original post. I carry with me in the car (to satisfy what law enforcement might want) -- 1. Proof of Insurance, 2. My registration RECEIPT (in Texas your registration 'card' is the sticker the state gives you to put on your front window next to the inspection sticker) that I keep to show as registration in states where 'sticker instead of card' is an unknown concept (as I recently learned first hand in Florida when I got pulled over for having my plate light out), and 3. (kept separate from #1 and #2) a letter from New Jersey's version of the DMV proving that a New Jersey criminal who has outstanding warrants and has my same first, middle, and last names, same height, same weight, born in the same month and the same year, BUT ON A DIFFERENT DAY AND HAS A DIFFERENT EYE COLOR IS NOT ME (when I first tried to get my license in Texas the DPS computer system flagged me because of the SIMILAR -- but not THE SAME -- ID info......and I had to have New Jersey's DMV equivalent do an investigation and send me this letter to prove it wasn't me)......MY POINT in listing these items is THAT I CUT MY ADDRESS AND SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER OUT ON THESE DOCUMENTS TO DETER ID THIEVES IF MY CAR GOT BROKEN INTO. When I got pulled over in Florida (on the old US 17 (designation ?) that goes between Fort Myers and Winter Haven) for the burnt out plate light I gave the officer my proof of insurance and registration receipt. I didn't give the New Jersey letter because I wanted to see if the computer system in Florida was flagging me re the New Jersey info the way the Texas system did....and Florida's system didn't flag me. Texas officials (and those of other states) are aware of what happens re driving records in other states if their computers are tied in particular ways to the NDR (National Driving Registry)....The info that caused me to be flagged IS STILL IN THE NDR BECAUSE IT IS VALID RE THE CRIMINAL , it just ISN'T MY INFO. The officer in Florida told me I should get the proof of insurance and registration receipt replaced NOT BECAUSE CUTTING OUT THE INFO VIOLATED THE LAW BUT BECAUSE IT WOULD AID IN A MEDICAL ID IN CASE I WAS INJURED IN A SEVERE ACCIDENT. I respect him and his job, but I think this is an unfounded assertion given that HE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT OTHER ID I MIGHT BE CARRYING ON MY PERSON THAT WOULD ID ME RE HEALTH CARE....I think he was just trying to make life easier for the next LEO should I encounter one at some point in the future. I feel preventing my own ID theft is more important than any extremely minimal overall inconvenience the cut outs might cause.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:38 AM   #46
mazilla
advocatus diaboli

Drives: 07 Yaris hatch
Coincidentally, my wifes car was broken into(pretty sure she left it unlocked) on Thursday and one of her Coach purses was stolen. Inside was a checkbook for two accounts...which forced me to close those accounts. The fucks used her check card for a hundred or so dollars in fuel and 6 dollars in food @ Jack in the Box. All in all it was a 500.00 purse, a 200.00 wallett, some petty cash her ID,our kids immunization records, etc etc. A few phonecalls later and te accounts were closed and the charges are getting refunded, another one to Lifelock added her to my account.

To top it off she parked off camera, in the one spot I couldn't see clearly.
mazilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:32 AM   #47
aussie muzza

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan YRS auto
Mate, sorry for your loss. I feel we are kindred spirits as I also have an '07 sedan. I would be devastated if this happened to me. Mrs Muz and I are coming to your great country later in the year, for a holiday, but I am sure that these scumbags aren't representative of the people that we may meet while we tour in the good ol' US of A.
regards Muz
aussie muzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:35 AM   #48
Rain
help! my Yaris shrunk!

Drives: 12 Hot Lava iQ/07 Jade Vios
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazilla View Post
Coincidentally, my wifes car was broken into(pretty sure she left it unlocked) on Thursday and one of her Coach purses was stolen. Inside was a checkbook for two accounts...which forced me to close those accounts. The fucks used her check card for a hundred or so dollars in fuel and 6 dollars in food @ Jack in the Box. All in all it was a 500.00 purse, a 200.00 wallett, some petty cash her ID,our kids immunization records, etc etc. A few phonecalls later and te accounts were closed and the charges are getting refunded, another one to Lifelock added her to my account.

To top it off she parked off camera, in the one spot I couldn't see clearly.
My car wasn't broken into but I had the same situation happen. $90 gas charge and $6 from Jack in the Box. My credit card number was stolen from a gas station card swiper. I'm certain of this cause I have a dedicated gas card. Funny thing was my card issuer tried to give me a hard time about the $90 gas. Who the eff puts $90 on a Yaris? Even on premium, it wouldn't cost that much. Plus I wasn't even driving that day when they called me about the charge. I was in the metro train and was no where near North Hollywood where they traced the charge
Rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #49
LEXX
0-60 IN UNDER FIVE

Drives: 2008 Blk on Blk Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.5 View Post
Yea I am alarm shopping now and will let my insurance know.

Why would you want to move from there Lexx? lol

because its BORRRIIIIINNGGG out here... pretty and boring... more for families. ..im wild and crazy ... i need more wild and crazy people to be around... only problem is heading to the rest of the crazy mofos means heading to where the crime is HAH

im thinking about just buying a place up here and getting something temporary down there