Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Australia
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-28-2007, 11:45 PM   #1
cdfun
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
Shift Display

I have a 06 Yaris hatch-back. Just 1.3L stock version.

I have two questions as follow:
1) Key Ignition point doesnt have light...so it's hard to find the spot at night time or in the dark...

2) Gear/Shift display not on dash display. It's hard to tell which gear im on when shifts.

Wondering if there are any mods to those available out there? I couldnt find any for them myself. please shred some light. thanks
cdfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2007, 12:23 AM   #2
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdfun View Post
I have a 06 Yaris hatch-back. Just 1.3L stock version.

I have two questions as follow:
1) Key Ignition point doesnt have light...so it's hard to find the spot at night time or in the dark...

2) Gear/Shift display not on dash display. It's hard to tell which gear im on when shifts.

Wondering if there are any mods to those available out there? I couldnt find any for them myself. please shred some light. thanks

1) - I recall a thread in the DIY section that dealt with this. Have a search through there and you might be able to find it.

2) - Go here : http://www.indy-cator.com/english/home.php?section=2,0

Mind you, personaly I think you should have your eyes on the road not down looking on the gear shifter !!!
Attached Images

Last edited by Ferret_san; 09-29-2007 at 12:25 AM. Reason: EDIT : BEER ... AND PIZZA !!!
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM   #3
Masteraal

Drives: Black Yaris YRS 3dr Manual
if youre driving a manual you will get used to the feel of the car. its quite easy :)

if auto ull notice the display actually has the spot for the shift display... if u shine light into the centre console there is so much we are missing out on!!
Masteraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:51 AM   #4
leasaunce

Drives: Toyota Yaris
LOL can save up to 15% of fuel by using indycator? LOL i can save new manual drivers $150+ by not buying that lcd gearknob n teaching them for free :)
leasaunce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #5
jeikz

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris YR 3 Door
Shall I suggest using your fingers to feel the Ignition Slot........
jeikz is offline   Reply With Quote