Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-26-2006, 06:55 PM   #19
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
And we need some pics of what he's talking about.
Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:56 PM   #20
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Yes we do need some pics.......Didn't mean to ofend weeze-dog....sorry man.
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 08:41 PM   #21
weeze-dog

Drives: 2002 Ford Focus ZX3
While the car come standard with A/C, I believe I read that the A/C is PPO or dealer installed and does not ship overseas with the A/C already installed from the factory? Wouldn't surprise me with regulations on chemicals and the like. I can't remember where I read that at, would have to ask someone who works in the service department.
weeze-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 09:43 AM   #22
abattle

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Pictures!

I got pics of what I did... Not very good, but they will give you a good enough view to see where to look...
First pic: follow my finger down between the engine and the firewall, there is a small black pipe sticking out from the firewall about 2 inches long.Name:  2.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  16.7 KB
Second pic: Here is where I installed a black hose over the small pipe. If the big black pipe was not here it would drip onto the bolt and washer below it...Name:  3.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  12.6 KB
Third pic: Here is the rust already forming on mine...I have only 1000 miles on this car, nothing should be rusting!Name:  1.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  12.7 KB hope this helps clarify where i am talking about. If not let me know...Thanks, abattle
abattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:04 AM   #23
oktaren

Drives: 07yarisliftback04aveohatchback
actually...i just noticed this WAS happening on my liftback with 4000 miles on it...no rust yet, but the car was only used for a short period and then was traded in and i bought it. so it wasn't used during this heat streak we have beenhaving. either way i noticed water on the ground after running the ac for a while and i noticed it was dripping off of the same bold he is talking about...i will have to do the fix.
oktaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 11:08 AM   #24
Buckethead

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Well Done!

Gonna check mine too.

Thanks for posting pics!

Buckethead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:07 PM   #25
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I am a little nervous now. I will be keeping an eye on this thread. If a real problem exists, Toyota shoud do a recall.
However, I think even if the A/C does not drip over that spot, water may still wet it on rainy days, say when the car rolls over small pools of water. It is the rust resistance of the parts affected which needs improvement.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 06:44 PM   #26
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Thanks for the pics
Floor mats, Weathertech vent visors
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 01:17 AM   #27
Dweeb

Drives: 2010 Yaris RS Hatch
what do you think happens when it rains.... it will get wet. Poeple, it's a car, it gets exposed to the elements and it's bolts and nuts will rust no matter what you do. Your car is not going to fall apart just because of a little rust on a bolt or nut !!!
Old 07-29-2006, 02:38 PM   #28
PSU Yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan S
there still shouldnt be rust at 1000 miles on any part of the car. i MAYBE would expect this from a ford or GM car, but not toyota
PSU Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:08 PM   #29
Dweeb

PSU Yaris, i agrre with you, but, actually there is rust on a car before you even pick it up. Unless all fasteners are SS or galvanized or aluminum, and if they are not painted or otherwise protected, they will start to rust as soon as they are exposed to water / moisture. (mind you this is just surface rust – oxidization - so no big deal) That is a plain fact. It’s bad, but that is just the way it is.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:11 AM   #30
Eclipsed830
Banned

Drives: DSM
I had to sign up to laugh and say are you guys serous?
Eclipsed830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 08:40 AM   #31
abattle

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I took my time to simply bring up a concern that(in my opinion) should be addressed as to not create premature failure on ANY brand new car... many of you appreciated this but a few were ridiculous in your response. This just lets me know who is taking care of their car and who destroys/dogs out their autos for no reason but to excite themselves. On that note, I will continue to explain to anyone who asks about anything I find on my yaris that should be addressed to prolong the life and value of it. The rest of you should go elsewhere with your wasteful responses...Thanks, abattle
abattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 09:07 AM   #32
oktaren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweeb
what do you think happens when it rains.... it will get wet. Poeple, it's a car, it gets exposed to the elements and it's bolts and nuts will rust no matter what you do. Your car is not going to fall apart just because of a little rust on a bolt or nut !!!
then ignore the post.
Old 07-31-2006, 09:20 AM   #33
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by abattle
I took my time to simply bring up a concern that(in my opinion) should be addressed as to not create premature failure on ANY brand new car... many of you appreciated this but a few were ridiculous in your response. This just lets me know who is taking care of their car and who destroys/dogs out their autos for no reason but to excite themselves. On that note, I will continue to explain to anyone who asks about anything I find on my yaris that should be addressed to prolong the life and value of it. The rest of you should go elsewhere with your wasteful responses...Thanks, abattle
Dont be bothered by it.. it happends on every internet message forum.

Its easy for some to sit behind a computer, and act like a tough guy.. (i.e. internet muscles)
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:03 AM   #34
Dweeb

Hold on a sec.

Wow, take it easy guys; I was just trying to point out the obvious. Metal rusts , nothing more. If you want to pamper and worry about your car like that, that is fine with me, after all it is your car.
Heck, if you guys find something interesting, great! I like to hear about it also. However there is nothing special or new about an unprotected “bolt or nut” rusting on a new car.
Maybe this is your first “new” car, so you may not have experienced this. Well, now you know.

Dweeb
Old 07-31-2006, 10:09 AM   #35
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Wow, take it easy guys; I was just trying to point out the obvious. Metal rusts , nothing more. If you want to pamper and worry about your car like that, that is fine with me, after all it is your car.
Heck, if you guys find something interesting, great! I like to hear about it also. However there is nothing special or new about an unprotected “bolt or nut” rusting on a new car.
Maybe this is your first “new” car, so you may not have experienced this. Well, now you know.

Dweeb
Shoot, out of all the BMW's, Ford's, Nissan's, the Jeep, and now my first Toyota, there was always something that got rusted over... I guess its just bound to happen unless your car lives in a plastic bubble.

The original poster here though, had a valid complaint, that might just have been an oversight on Toyota's part.

Good find on that, I still say.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:28 AM   #36
oktaren

Quote:

Dweeb

it wasn't just an unprotected bolt...the water actually drips RIGHT ONTO THE BOLT...ALL OF THE TIME...at least all of the time the air conditioner is on, and that is practically all the time for me.