Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #1
PhotoDu.de

Drives: Yaris, duh
If you don't do this please drink some Drain-O

If you are driving in the left lane and the right lane is clear you are doing it worng.

IDK where you'd find a 3 lane road that was 55 but you get the point.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
First lesson while living in germany and using the autobahn:

GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

Seriously.

If you were in the left lane doing 85 or less you will have an Audi 1" from your ass at high speeds with there left blinked on.

Scary stuff but they follow rules i've there unlike us.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:34 PM   #3
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
lol, I never follow this "rule". Little about driving a Yaris can amuse me more than seeing the mad as hell drivers in the rear view, while I cruise along minding my own business in the left lane. Its not that I'm necessarily going that slow; most drivers just act as assholes when they see a small car in the left lane.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:19 PM   #4
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
if you are crusing in the left lane without passing the traffic on your right, you are the asshole. Left lane is for passing not cruising, that's what the center one is for and brakedown/exit lane is the right one.

To the OP, I thought that Canadian Ontario drivers were bad until two weeks ago when i crossed the NH MA state line, its like a all these people near Boston and its burbs inhaled the same drugs: 4 lane highway and everyone is bumper to bumper in the left lane going 60 while the rest of the lanes are clear and open , can someone please explain this to me is this like a new game who can sue someone faster for rear-ending each other?
i honestly didn't mind driving around the outskirts of Boston (the city itself was torture though). the place i found the craziest was PA. i was going 80-85 in a 65 and still being passed regularly. i was glad to get back on ny soil so i could drive like i normally do and not get run over haha. But to the OP, I wish more people followed the rules. we have some 3 lane 55mph roads here in rochester and there is always that 1 car that won't go over 58 in the left lane and i feel like a real dick passing people in the right lane.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:29 PM   #5
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
You really don't need a chart, etc to know how to drive.

For 50 years I have been following one rule (when applicable), keep right except to pass.
Of course, this only works if you keep off the &^%$ cell phone!
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #6
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Keep to the right except to pass, is completely logical! Keeps traffic flowing smoothly, don't forget to merge when it says merge, not racing up to be the first one and cutting everyone off....ARRRGGGHH!
Old 09-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post

Seriously.

If you were in the left lane doing 85 or less you will have an Audi 1" from your ass at high speeds with there left blinked on.

good stuff, but people are stupid.
Quote:
if you are crusing in the left lane without passing the traffic on your right, you are the asshole. Left lane is for passing not cruising, that's what the center one is for and brakedown/exit lane is the right one.

To the OP, I thought that Canadian Ontario drivers were bad until two weeks ago when i crossed the NH MA state line, its like a all these people near Boston and its burbs inhaled the same drugs: 4 lane highway and everyone is bumper to bumper in the left lane going 60 while the rest of the lanes are clear and open , can someone please explain this to me is this like a new game who can sue someone faster for rear-ending each other?
Driving in Boston is great training for driving anywhere else in the US, as in nothing will be crazier. Most of 128 is rush hour now from almost 7 am to 7pm, just crazy. Fun as anything though, and driving down in florida now is so easy.

Boston driving is almost combat driving, we're nuts and we love it, if you know fear, get a cab.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:47 PM   #8
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Dont get me wrong I love Boston, and driving does not induce fear in me but when in a space of 1 mile I see people braking at least 10 driving rules it boils my blood. I mean how hard is it to follow the rules and drive properly like seriously do you need an IQ of 130+

My favourite are work zones, they tell you for at least 2 miles that there will be construction and the lanes will merge , why is it that there are always idiots who will wait till the last minute and cut in through a solid lane not signalling and flipping you off when you stand your ground. I mean sometimes I wish we were able to execute the morons with a nice .50 salvo.
Well that is the thing though, there is only 1 driving rule near boston: survive. That is it, all other bets are off.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:35 PM   #9
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
I absolutely despise it when people put about in the left lane. I always keep an eye on my rear view if I'm passing people in the far left lane and if I see someone coming behind me faster than I'm going I scoot over and let them pass. It's just common courtesy and keeps traffic flowing. If you sit in the left lane going slow it basically clogs the whole flipping road up.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 PM   #10
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by swidd View Post
lol, I never follow this "rule". Little about driving a Yaris can amuse me more than seeing the mad as hell drivers in the rear view, while I cruise along minding my own business in the left lane. Its not that I'm necessarily going that slow; most drivers just act as assholes when they see a small car in the left lane.
YOU DONT KNOW HOW BAD I HATE WHEN PPL DO THAT HERE. AND I AM THE A-HOLE IN UR REAR MIRROR PISSED OFF BECAUSE OF U, SO THAT MAKES YOU THE BIGGER A-HOLE
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:33 AM   #11
PhotoDu.de

Drives: Yaris, duh
Quote:
Originally Posted by swidd View Post
You drive like an asshole.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:35 AM   #12
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
This thread has more a-hole than a gang bang video.

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:56 AM   #13
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleey0 View Post

Seriously.

Yes, in Germany you HAVE TO move right. If you're driving in the left lane while the right lane is empty, you'll get a ticket. It's also illegal to pass on the right. If grandma is doing 60 mph in the fast lane and you pass her on the right, you'll both get a ticket. If Die Polizei sees you, that is
Old 09-11-2010, 02:42 AM   #14
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
In canada if you drove too slow you could be issued a ticket. You're technically not being charged for driving too slow, but likely for impeding traffic when you drive much slower than the normal speed limit.

Another thing also is when driving the speed limit in the left lane (*note: you're not doing anyone a favor if you do) it's unlikely you'd get a ticket, but could get charged for improper lane usage as the law states to "keep right, left to pass".

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 03:15 AM   #15
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
But hey, speed limit is speed limit.

Not to say I don't agree with you.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:23 AM   #16
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
They finally got to making an actual law here in Kansas. The left lane is for passing and if caught in that lane you CAN be ticketed. Enforcement is still a bit iffy.
Old 09-11-2010, 08:52 AM   #17
slothman86

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Pretty much the speed limit is a joke and is enforced when it wants to be enforced. I don't care if everyone is going faster than the speed limit, they should all get tickets including me. ITS CALLED A LIMIT NOT A SUGGESTION. The limit to fill a gallon jug is 1 gallon THATS IT you can' go any higher! THATS WHY ITS THE LIMIT!

I hate when police officers go over the speed limit with out running code on the highway. WTF? They are not gods. It is just as dangerous as a civilian doing it!

Oh please use your turn signal, It lets people know when you are turning so they can get ready to stop or react to you. Especially on a city street!

Stay at a constant speed on the highway/freeway, If you are going to go 70 mph (speed limit) go 70, NOT 70 than 55 than 65 than 72 than 75 than 60.

This one will never happen... When at a stop light and the light turns green theoretically everyone can start going forward at the same time. I'm just saying it would be nice not waiting a few minutes behind a green light...In theory.
Old 09-11-2010, 09:43 AM   #18
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Exactly. I'm an asshole, because I do the speed limit in the left lane.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote