Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-12-2010, 02:59 PM   #55
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
When will u ppl realize that folks are gonna speed regardless?

So just deal with it and move over:)
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #56
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I'm not gonna take sides either way, yes I have an opinion, but its mine. I go back to being considerate. And I guess the golden rule. Since I'm over 50 and seen alot of crap go down in my life, my attitude has changed over time. Cause I used to be a speeder, and even one of the people who didnt get out of the way in any big hurry . But I refuse to let other drivers affect my attitude. I stay in the middle or right lane unless I want to pass. Let the speeder do his/her thing. If I'm in the left lane passing someone and I see the speeder coming up behind me, no days I get over as soon as I safely can and let them by. Then I can go around the slower ones later. I didnt used to be like this, but the frustration to you and that you create isnt worth it. If you knew how many people are KILLED by some other idiots road rage it would surprise you.
Insisting on your "right" to hang in the left lane is your decision, but it makes you almost as much of an A-hole as that jerk behind you,IMO. I heard of a case where a tractor trailer driver was actually pushing cars off the road that did that. Hopefully it doesnt catch up with you and you get hurt or killed, but you know as well as me that people are crazier than they used to be. They shoot at people now days as they go by. Its just a weirder world we live in and I feel no need to add to it. Do you really feel better when you lock somebody in like that? Maybe some kind of revenge? Probably trying to get rid some frustrations. But it wont get rid of it that way. And to put someone in the ditch?! Wow, you get a kick out of that?! That actually sound like you have some real anger issue that need help, seriously, it does! I'm not a pacifist, not by any stretch of the imagination, but I pick my battles over something that really frickin matters! Not over lane choice and not with a car, thats a chickenshit cowards way out. Grow up, or at least make an effort.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #57
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by frownonfun View Post
the correct way to handle tailgaters and speeders is to move out of the way so as not to increase the danger of the situation.
this is how i handle it. i'm not usually gunning to be the fastest man alive or anything. so i encounter people trying to go way too fast also. i move out of their way and carry on with my life.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:04 PM   #58
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy1 View Post
I'm not gonna take sides either way, yes I have an opinion, but its mine. I go back to being considerate. And I guess the golden rule. Since I'm over 50 and seen alot of crap go down in my life, my attitude has changed over time. Cause I used to be a speeder, and even one of the people who didnt get out of the way. But I refuse to let other drivers affect my attitude. I stay in the middle or right lane unless I want to pass. Let the speeder do his/thing. If I'm in the left lane passing someone and I see the speeder coming up behind me, no days I get over as soon as I safely can and let them by. Then I can go around the slower ones later. I didnt used to be like this, but the frustration to you and that you create isnt worth it. If you knew how many people are KILLED by some other idiots road rage it would surprise you.
Insisting on your "right" to hang in the left lane is your decision, but it makes you almost as much of an A-hole as that jerk behind you,IMO. I heard of a case where a tractor trailer driver was actually pushing cars off the road that did that. Hopefully it doesnt catch up with you and you get hurt or killed, but you know as well as me that people are crazier than they used to be. They shoot at people now days as they go by. Its just a weirder world we live in and I feel no need to add to it. Do you really feel better when you lock somebody in like that? Maybe some kind of revenge? Probably trying to get rid some frustrations. But it wont get rid of it that way. And to put someone in the ditch?! Wow, you get a kick out of that?! That actually sound like you have some real anger issue that need help, seriously, it does! I'm not a pacifist, not by any stretch of the imagination, but I pick my battles over something that really frickin matters! Not over lane choice and not with a car, thats a chickenshit cowards way out. Grow up, or at least make an effort.
now that's a voice of reason right there. honestly that should end the thread.

I crush you like tiny clown car, because you are clown, yes?
frownonfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:39 PM   #59
yarisitis

This doesn't apply in California.
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:46 PM   #60
yarisitis

No, people drive fast as shit here.

People in the far right lane drive 65+, middle lane 75+, left lane 85+.

I drive 60MPH in the far right lane and have people high beam me or tailgate me because I'm apparently going too slow.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:58 PM   #61
yarisitis

Yeah, I do it to get good gas mileage and when they do tailgate me or give me the high beams they're probably expecting me to speed up, which I don't. Then they just end up going around me.

Retards wanna go fast then they should go to the far left lanes and stay out of the slow lanes.

And man, don't get me started on people who hit their brakes for no god damn reason, I fucking haaaaaaaaaaaaate that!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:33 PM   #62
vwtech
Banned

Drives: 09 jetta tdi dsg
I do NOT agree with going under the speed limit in the fast lane but I don't think the correct answer is to tailgate and flash your lights, thats just way too distracting and you look like a huge A hole. Is that extra 5-10 mph slowing you down really going to matter, Just chill out and wait for a gap to open up to pass them life is too short to get all worked up about someone going under the speed limit.
vwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #63
bkndacn

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
^agreed.... alot of you need to spend some time driving in New Jersey
Old 09-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #64
vwtech
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
actually a short burst of headlights while approaching a slower car is considered good etiquette, you are letting the car in front of you know you are coming in faster then he/she. also if you find it distracting maybe you're not checking your surroundings every 5 seconds like you should.
I was talking about someone riding somebody eleses ass and constantly flashing their high beams, pretty sure that isn't good etiquette.
Old 09-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #65
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarrr View Post
Oh and by the way if you still like tailgating, I suggest buying a dash cam as I have a habit of slamming on my brakes and coming to a complete stop right as I'm passing a particularly slow person in the middle lane when someone is on my ass. I've only put 2 people in the dirt, but when one of you hits me, insurance almost always finds 100% fault for the person rear ending someone. It was a coyote running across the freeway I swear.
so what your saying is rather then move out of the way which is the smart thing do, you would rather cause a pile up on the highway because you feel the need to slam on your breaks at random. Lets just say that the person in back of you does hit you and dies. Have fun with the manslaughter conviction. You might not know this but 90% of the highway is covered with DOT cameras.

Also doing what you just said is a classic insurance scam called "Swoop and Squat".

The smart thing to do would be just move out of the way and let them pass. Its not hard. It sounds like your out to cause an accident because your to hard headed to move over

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:59 PM   #66
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
so what your saying is rather then move out of the way which is the smart thing do, you would rather cause a pile up on the highway because you feel the need to slam on your breaks at random. Lets just say that the person in back of you does hit you and dies. Have fun with the manslaughter conviction. You might not know this but 90% of the highway is covered with DOT cameras.

Also doing what you just said is a classic insurance scam called "Swoop and Squat".

The smart thing to do would be just move out of the way and let them pass. Its not hard. It sounds like your out to cause an accident because your to hard headed to move over
Nope, you hit me in the back, you shouldn't have been following so closely, end of story. Worst case it gets 50/50 if I hit the brakes for absolutely no reason and that can be proven by a camera. 90% of highways are visible from DOT cameras, I'd say about 10-20% have useable feed for a court case, if that. Good point though, I'll come up with a better lie like, oh wait I know, "its a toyota, the brakes just locked up and there was nothing I could do!" The 80 mph tire marks will be much harder to deal with for you then low resolution on ramp cameras will be for me. Also, a dash cam will not show what's in front of me if you are tailgating, all it will show is my bumper because your waaaaaaay too close. Please, please forward that to the police.

Swoop and squat involves moving into a lane and slamming on the brakes, where you don't have lane control. If I'm in the lane and have control you should have been far enough from me to not hit me if a meteor landed on me and stopped me in place.

Also, I cannot feel bad for someone dying that basically plays russian roulette every day tailgating people. If I didn't get them they could have killed someone else when they eventually killed themselves. I usually try to avoid ditches and such, but sometimes its hard to pass up those really golden opportunities where they try to speed up and cut the middle lane off to get around me, only to see my brake lights flying at them and instantly close the gap they were shooting for.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:06 PM   #67
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Oh and by the way if you still like tailgating, I suggest buying a dash cam as I have a habit of slamming on my brakes and coming to a complete stop right as I'm passing a particularly slow person in the middle lane when someone is on my ass. I've only put 2 people in the dirt, but when one of you hits me, insurance almost always finds 100% fault for the person rear ending someone. It was a coyote running across the freeway I swear.
Quote:
Nope, you hit me in the back, you shouldn't have been following so closely, end of story. Worst case it gets 50/50 if I hit the brakes for absolutely no reason and that can be proven by a camera. 90% of highways are visible from DOT cameras, I'd say about 10-20% have useable feed for a court case, if that. Good point though, I'll come up with a better lie like, oh wait I know, "its a toyota, the brakes just locked up and there was nothing I could do!" The 80 mph tire marks will be much harder to deal with for you then low resolution on ramp cameras will be for me. Also, a dash cam will not show what's in front of me if you are tailgating, all it will show is my bumper because your waaaaaaay too close. Please, please forward that to the police.

Swoop and squat involves moving into a lane and slamming on the brakes, where you don't have lane control. If I'm in the lane and have control you should have been far enough from me to not hit me if a meteor landed on me and stopped me in place.

Also, I cannot feel bad for someone dying that basically plays russian roulette every day tailgating people. If I didn't get them they could have killed someone else when they eventually killed themselves. I usually try to avoid ditches and such, but sometimes its hard to pass up those really golden opportunities where they try to speed up and cut the middle lane off to get around me, only to see my brake lights flying at them and instantly close the gap they were shooting for.
Please do the world a favor and kill yourself before you cause one of those 40 car pileups that kill a dozen people, because that is what they stupidity you are talking about will do. Really, with the crap you are saying you don't deserve to be alive.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #68
yarrr
Banned

My sides are hurting from you too. The speeders don't cause any accidents. evar!

An unmarked car can't pull you over for one, and impeding traffic? I'm sure like 2 of those get written a month in the entire US.. You guys are out there man... lol

Oh and careful, people have been prosecuted for telling people to kill themselves... hahaha

Here's another one, I've been driving for 16 years and have never been in an accident. Its amazing I'm still alive!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #69
yarrr
Banned

Quote:
. If i have two car lengths in front of me and you play your game you are at fault ,
wrong wrong wrong. 2 car lengths on the freeway? Why am I even talking to you again?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:14 PM   #70
yarrr
Banned

Quote:
p.s just remember your post , because someone somewhere one day will use it against you in a court of law, and i won't be surprised if it happens soon
You mean for why? going on manslaughter charges like the 14 year old girl's mom on myspace?

Really stop though, I'm spitting up cheez-its at the thought of someone rear ending me, and then running home and searching for a yaris forum on the off chance I incriminated myelf(or incriminated a proxy, either way)
Old 09-12-2010, 08:20 PM   #71
yarrr
Banned

Quote:
16 years of Need For Speed doesn't count as driving experience. Just because you didn't have an accident doesn't mean you know how to drive. And yes 2 car lengths behind you where you should have seen me and move out of the way not slow down like your retarded logic tells you to. And an unmarked police car can and will pull you over. I really wish you come for a visit to Montreal and pull your idiocy here, you will see how fast you will be part of a semi with Kenworth printed on your dumb forehead
ooo sick burn, eh? need for speed. YOU GOT ME! damnit!

I don't know about your backwards ass country, but here, unmarked cars can't pull you over, and 2 car lengths on the freeway gets you a tailgating ticket. The guy you were tailgating because he was blocking you in the passing lane, will look back, smile and wave.
Old 09-12-2010, 08:38 PM   #72
vwtech
Banned

never heard of the 2 car length rule I always thought it was 3 seconds behind no matter how fast they are going.