Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-22-2017, 05:28 PM   #73
JimKellyfan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I did the K & N filter and the OBD throttle plate spacer with some 80 mm bolts off amazon. feel like I got 3-5 in the butt dyno. More smooth and less useless windup in passing gear too. exhaust manifold from OBD is next with 1/2 inch bigger bores running out.
2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires
TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
JimKellyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 07:13 AM   #74
JimKellyfan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
I put on the OBX header and feel a bit more oomph. Pretty happy with my poor man upgrades so far. You do hear the clattery engine in the am a bit more, but no smoke and actually better fuel mileage with the header. I run it hard, and was getting 32-34, now I am getting 35-36, so more oomph and mileage, well worth the 200 bucks the header, not so sure on the spacer. Looking to do something with the intake/throttle body/poor mans colder air than stock upgrade next. while putting in the K&N helped, bein this close to the beach makes me leave in that carbon filter (after the main air filter piece) in case crap gets beyond the stock filter.
2010 Yaris sedan, TRD CAT back (sport muffler only, really), OBX header (relocated front AF sensor to front pipe), OBX throttle plate spacer, K&N filter (in stock air box-for now), TRD struts and shocks, Mexico Rough Road Springs x 4, new Yota sway bar links front, slotted/drilled rotors and Maxx brakes front, Valvoline synthetic brake fluid, 3M undercoated, 16" Konig Feathers Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3 + Tires
TRD rear sway bar, 4 GT Spec bars including: front strut brace 2 point, 4 point ladder brace, mid chassis brace and rear lower tie brace, rear hitch, [B]
JimKellyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 04:05 AM   #75
williew2

Drives: Yaris YR 2013
I put K&N typhoon kit on and am suffering from initial down low acceleration, it great after 3000rpm, but from stand still it's a slug, have headers and free flow exhaust. any ideas how to improve it.
williew2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 07:46 AM   #76
hichamaziz
Banned

Drives: my car is the best
It makes a difference.
hichamaziz is offline   Reply With Quote