Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-14-2006, 02:02 AM   #1
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
Yaris/Vitz Hatchback Models (1:43, 1:18, etc.)

So far I've located two confirmed models:

Tomy
Scale 1:59
Colours: Green (standard), Sky Blue (special edition)

Minichamps
Scale 1:43
Colours: Silver

The silver is the only colour I've seen for the Minichamps.

I've got the Tomy models... Trying to find the Minichamps is a little more difficult.

Anyone else here collect models?
I'll post pics of the Tomy later.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:19 AM   #2
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
So far I've located two confirmed models:

Tomy
Scale 1:59
Colours: Green (standard), Sky Blue (special edition)

Minichamps
Scale 1:43
Colours: Silver

The silver is the only colour I've seen for the Minichamps.

I've got the Tomy models... Trying to find the Minichamps is a little more difficult.

Anyone else here collect models?
I'll post pics of the Tomy later.
Are these Gen 1 bodystyle or the current model?

Cheers
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:20 AM   #3
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Sweet you found models of the Yaris? If they're current gen I would like to know how to get them...if I can order them or something. But yea as echo_hrs said are these previous gen or the current one? Of the different brands is one better than the other and that's why you want both?
Old 06-14-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
sroberts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Thread is useless without PICS!!
Old 06-14-2006, 01:27 PM   #5
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel

http://www.hlj.com/product/TOM72390
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:50 PM   #6
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Sorry guys, I'll post pics tonight.

If you look at hhcchen's avatar, you'll notice notice that it's a TOMY model Green (standard) colour. That's one of the models I am talking about - it's tiny as I have one in the green and the sky blue.

The Minichamps model is a little larger, at 1:43. I'm still waiting for a faithful 1:18 scale, but I'm not holding my breath for it.

As for the generation, YES, they are current generation Vitz/Yaris - NCP91 It's not the Echo/Vitz/Yaris of last generation; there's lots of those around.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:55 PM   #7
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
Are these Gen 1 bodystyle or the current model?

Cheers
These are current generation models.

Here are some stock photos:

Tomy 1:59 Scale - think Hot Wheels, Japan.

Old 06-14-2006, 03:08 PM   #8
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000
Sweet you found models of the Yaris? If they're current gen I would like to know how to get them...if I can order them or something. But yea as echo_hrs said are these previous gen or the current one? Of the different brands is one better than the other and that's why you want both?
I bought the two TOMY models from a toy seller on eBay. They're quite inexpensive. I paid ten dollars for both the Green and Blue models including shipping. Mind you, they are extremely small and I don't think they retail for that much anyhow.

But TOMY models are beloved by its fans and collectors, mainly because it is packaged in a very nice box as oppossed to the blister style packaging that Hot Wheels come in.

The MINICHAMPS model is difficult to find online. You'll notice that it is more faithful to the an actual RS model - the wheels are correct from what I can see, and it looks like there is a side skirt accent in the picture below.

I'll probably have to call a few local stores in Vancouver to see if they can order it. It's also larger than the TOMY models, and much more detailed.

I'm a casual collector of models and I think it's neat to have models of the car you currently own/drive
Old 06-14-2006, 05:16 PM   #9
echo_hrs
Around the universe...

Drives: Uber-Evolved Pokemon
The Minichamps are much nicer, realistic models...

Cheers
echo_hrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:41 PM   #10
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs
The Minichamps are much nicer, realistic models...

Cheers

I agree, and its bigger right? Not to get off topic too much but bigsky2 you mentioned there's previous gen models out as well...is that only the hatchback versions? Is there ECHO sedan versions out there? Namely 03-05? I'm guessing no but I can dream can't I
Old 06-15-2006, 02:30 AM   #11
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECHOKnight2000
I agree, and its bigger right? Not to get off topic too much but bigsky2 you mentioned there's previous gen models out as well...is that only the hatchback versions? Is there ECHO sedan versions out there? Namely 03-05? I'm guessing no but I can dream can't I
Yes, the Minichamps model is 1:43 scale, which is slightly larger than the hot wheel sized TOMY model at 1:59.

As for previous generation Yaris/Echo/Vitz models, I am only aware of Hatchback/Liftback models, no sedans.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:47 PM   #12
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsky2
Yes, the Minichamps model is 1:43 scale, which is slightly larger than the hot wheel sized TOMY model at 1:59.

As for previous generation Yaris/Echo/Vitz models, I am only aware of Hatchback/Liftback models, no sedans.

Thanks for the info I've seen the JDM Vitz "rally" version or racing version model at a local model store where I live but that's really it, I agree, I'd be lucky to find a sedan version 2000-2005 models...oh well, time to get a Yaris
Old 06-30-2006, 04:00 AM   #13
jay

Drives: 2006 Yaris LE 5dr AT
Great thread, bigsky2!

I have a casual interest in scale model cars (and maybe more so than in the 1:1 scale variety ). I'm also interested to find an accurate scale model of the current Yaris, which would be too cool. My interest is in finding something that's scale accurate/realistic, and so the pic of the Minichamps 1:43 model looks promising (even though it'd be a bit smaller than I'd like). If anyone gets this model, pls report back with your findings

In the model car world, it's generally much harder to find non-exotic/expensive/sports or otherwise "regular" cars. My preference is for something in the 1:24-1:36 range (best all-round compromise IMHO), but I'd take a faithful 1:18 right away if it were available.

On eBay, I've seen 1:24 and 1:18 models of the previous generation Yaris/Echo/Vitz/Platz (if anyone has any more names to search under, please chime in), including the sedan version (the Fujimi 1:24 plastic Platz model seems to show up the most often - don't give up just yet ECHOKnight2000!). Given that there is a (albeit slim) track record of older gen models produced, I'm hoping that additional models of the current gen body style would be eventually produced by someone, somewhere.
jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 05:15 AM   #14
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

So far the MINICHAMPS 1:43 scale is looking like the best of what's out there right now.
I'm still trying to source it from a few specialty shops in Vancouver.

I have leanred that the MINICHAMPS comes in a Silver and RED version.

I'm confident that there will be some nice 1:24 and larger scale models from JAPAN a year or two from now.

As the Vitz becomes more involved in motorsports, there will be an interest and demand for that particular model from collectors and hobbyists.

Think Tom's Castrol Supra, but for the Vitz

Sigh if only
Old 12-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #15
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
has anyone seen a 2dr version
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:07 AM   #16
Hocc

Drives: Vienta, Yaris
Yo guyz have u checked out the yaris humour post?
i have a red RS in my dash now

and a silver one

and a real one

if u have credit card go to yesasia.com and type vitz there .... all the models u have mention is there and their service is pretty efficient too! and many other choro Q car model are there too
Hocc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 PM   #17
jenfre

Drives: Yaris RS 2009 5DR
I just found an 1:18

http://www.network-shuttle.com/index...n Expiried!&s=
Megan Racing Coilovers - HID 6000K - Fog Light 12 000K Blue - 50/70/90 Tinted WINDOWS - Short Shifter TWM - Rota Sliptream 16x7 Direzza StarSpec 205/50r16 - Injen CAI - R1 Concept Slotted Rotors - Carbotech Brake Pads XP8 - SS Lines - Sparco Steering Wheel - 23MM Rear Sway Bar - Ultra Racing rear, under and fender brace - Borla Axelback

jenfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #18
47_MasoN_47
What I thought I'd do was

Drives: 09 Yaris Sedan
Holy crap, I've been looking everywhere for a 1:18! Jeez it's expensive though...

My Nissan Hardbody (D21) 4x4 build log
Check out my YouTube channel (mostly shooting) - http://www.youtube.com/user/47MasoN47
47_MasoN_47 is offline   Reply With Quote