Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-20-2014, 07:22 AM   #1
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU)
Post HU Wiring Harness. Need Help!

Well, I have this stereo I want to put on the Yaris (2nd gen Hatch). It came with standard integrated HU, which has no MP3 capabilities, and started skipping on CDs. I wanted to replace it since forever.
So, I started off by buying the Scosche kit and a dash kit. The dash kit came in the wrong dimensions, it was for standard 2DIN HUs (EU standard dimensions). I currently have no dash kit (to fit the stereo) but no worries, CTScott will hook me up with some of them 'murican dash kits.
Long story short, I'm familiar with all the installation and how to fit them in my yaris and all, but the wiring. You see, the stereo I want to install, I had it on my old car, a '89 Fiat Tipo, got it installed by a "professional". Anyway, as you will see in the pictures below, Im all ready to do the wiring. I have the wiring for my stereo and from the Scosche. Im asking for help to connect the wires together. The method I'm gonna use is the simple twist, and/or maybe some soldering, and then some electrical tape. Here's all the images:
^Thats the connector that plugs into the stereo.
^Thats the part Im the most curious about. Where do I need to cut the wires? I dont want to buy a new wiring harness...
^Thats the stereo Im installing. An old but awesome Sony CDX-MP80
^back of the stereo.
^The wiring harness.
^and the connections.

Below I'll post and the wiring for the stereo. I need your help so I dont make a mistake with the colours. In the FIAT, the "professional" made it that the stereo would work without a key in the ignition... I dont need that, I just need it to work. Does it make a difference?

Here's the wiring diagram of the HU:

Any suggestions, tips etc are all welcome! Thanks!

EDIT: WOW, I need to resize those photos, I uploaded them to dropbox from my phone, so how do I do that without a PC?
Old 11-20-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
The Scoche writing harness plugs in directly into the Yaris. I don't see where you could be having issues.

normally, aftermarket stereos and the scoche harness wires colour match, so you just put them together and call it a day. Otherwise, since you have the diagram of your HU and bought the scoche kit, you have all the info of each wires. just match them up.
Old 11-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #3
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
The Scoche writing harness plugs in directly into the Yaris.
I obviously know that, I've done my research as you can see. I'm a noob when it comes to wires and circuits and stuff. I just dont want to mess up. As you can see in the pictures, the wires are different. That's where I need help. To make the connections between the two harnesses.

EDIT: I just noticed that the Scosche harness has 8 wires for the speakers, while the sony one has 4. I can upload more pics if you need me to. I'm totally confused
Old 11-20-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

I figured everything out eventually. Everything works perfectly. Only thing missing is the dash kit. I hope CTScott finds something quickly.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e or my awesome Xperia Z1 C6903 using Tapatalk.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
I found my dash kit/bezel on ebay Germany.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
He wants a US one, rather than European one, as a single DIN storage pocket kit works better with the US one.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:13 PM   #7
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
I bought mine from ebay Australia, but its a 2DIN standard. I posted in 'willing to buy' asking for a US one and even trading mine for that.

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e or my awesome Xperia Z1 C6903 using Tapatalk.

Tags
2nd gen, hatchback, mk2, stereo, wiring harness