Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Northwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
jcronce
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Yaris
Slow Fuel Fill up

I have a 2007 Toyota Yaris. For the past several months I have been experiencing very slow fuel fill up. I have to barely hold the pump on. If I go any faster, gas comes up the filling tube and shuts off the pump. It would seem that I have a plug in the tank venting system somewhere. I live down a dirt road and noticed that the small vent holes near the fuel port (above the driver side rear tire) have dirt plugging some of the holes. I did my best to clean it out but it's in a difficult location. If I knew how to remove the air hose that goes to the filling area, I could blow it out. The design of cover and the venting area is poorly designed for folks that live down a gravel road. Is there a tool available that removes that hose from the box (unknown component) that it connects onto?
jcronce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Removing the vent hose is actually very easy. You push in on the clips and the pull the connector off of the metal pipe. That little black box that it connects to is the canister filter, so you may want to also check it for occlusion.

Also, there is a TSB for the 07 Yaris for an issue where the device that is supposed to prevent water from entering the evaporative system is faulty, resulting in the canister filling with water. This will cause the MIL to illuminate, which is doesn't sound like is happening with yours.