Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-25-2014, 01:16 AM   #487
MoneyT8

Drives: White Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Thanks .
MoneyT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 08:11 PM   #488
matti

Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
First, I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I received a letter from Toyota saying I need to replace some sensors in the front passenger seat that determine if the airbag deploys or not. I guess this problem could also cause the front passenger airbag to turn off. I have a 2012 Yaris L. Anyone else get this letter?
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #489
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
First, I apologize if this has already been discussed.

I received a letter from Toyota saying I need to replace some sensors in the front passenger seat that determine if the airbag deploys or not. I guess this problem could also cause the front passenger airbag to turn off. I have a 2012 Yaris L. Anyone else get this letter?
The only one I am aware of for the 2012 is T-SB-0092-12:

Some 2012 model year Yaris hatchback vehicles may exhibit a condition where the passenger
“AIRBAG OFF” light may illuminate intermittently while driving and the passenger seat is unoccupied.
This condition will not affect airbag operation. An updated Occupant Classification System Electronic
Control Unit (OCS ECU) has been made available to address this condition. This updated OCS ECU
logic will now illuminate the “AIRBAG OFF” light all the time when the vehicle is operated and
the passenger seat is unoccupied or when the OCS ECU determines that the occupant does not
meet the adult classification criteria.
Old 02-25-2015, 09:27 AM   #490
matti

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The only one I am aware of for the 2012 is T-SB-0092-12:

Some 2012 model year Yaris hatchback vehicles may exhibit a condition where the passenger
“AIRBAG OFF” light may illuminate intermittently while driving and the passenger seat is unoccupied.
This condition will not affect airbag operation. An updated Occupant Classification System Electronic
Control Unit (OCS ECU) has been made available to address this condition. This updated OCS ECU
logic will now illuminate the “AIRBAG OFF” light all the time when the vehicle is operated and
the passenger seat is unoccupied or when the OCS ECU determines that the occupant does not
meet the adult classification criteria.
Thank you. The letter I received doesn't mention any TSB number, as far as I can tell. It says....."Due to the current collision detection thresholds, the system may interpret certain occupant seating usages or road conditions as a rear collision and illuminate the Airbag Warning Light and "AIR BAG OFF" indicator, disabling the front passenger airbag."

It says this pertains to 2012-2013 Yaris vehicles and others (Avalon, etc.). Regardless, I'll call my dealer soon to get it taken care of.

Thanks!
Old 03-06-2015, 08:26 PM   #491
Flammable

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
I recently received a recall notice for a passenger airbag sensor recall. Taking my 2012 Yaris in next weekend for the fix. Should take around 2 1/2 hours from what they say.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:29 PM   #492
Flammable

Quote:
It says this pertains to 2012-2013 Yaris vehicles and others (Avalon, etc.). Regardless, I'll call my dealer soon to get it taken care of.

Thanks!
That is what my recall letter said as well.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #493
matti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flammable View Post
That is what my recall letter said as well.
I had the work done today at my local dealership. Took about two hours.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:10 PM   #494
Flammable

Quote:
I had the work done today at my local dealership. Took about two hours.
Cool and thanks now I know about how long we will have to wait. The only bad thing about going to the dealership is we always like to look at the new cars and gosh darn it I cant tell you how many times we took cars in for oil changes and walked out with new cars.
Old 03-10-2015, 01:19 PM   #495
cavramopoulos

Drives: 2012 yaris hatchback le
Hi All,
don't know which forum to post in this. currently when I turn my car off my gas meter takes about 5+ minutes for it go down to the normal empty when a car is off. Toyota is trying to tell me that this is normal in a 2012 Toyota yaris, yet when I bought my car in 2012 it worked fine until 2014 which is when it started happening. has anyone else had this issue?
cavramopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #496
Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavramopoulos View Post
Hi All,
don't know which forum to post in this. currently when I turn my car off my gas meter takes about 5+ minutes for it go down to the normal empty when a car is off. Toyota is trying to tell me that this is normal in a 2012 Toyota yaris, yet when I bought my car in 2012 it worked fine until 2014 which is when it started happening. has anyone else had this issue?
I have a 2012 Yaris and my gas gauge doesn't go down until I lock my car with the remote key fob. I am not sure if it goes down on it's own or how long that takes.
Old 03-24-2015, 10:52 PM   #497
KingForADay

Drives: 2013 5 dr. Liftback Yaris LE
I got an email notice from the DOT this morning regarding a new recall for 2012-2015 Yaris:

The affected vehicles may have been manufactured with a roof headliner that does not provide the proper occupant protection in the event of a crash.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/...tsa_ids=15V134

Recall begins in mid-April apparently.

I just bought my Yaris 3 weeks ago and have never gone through a recall before, so this is going to be all new to me.

Should I take pictures beforehand of the inside of the car in case they scratch the interior or mark up my seats (as examples)?
KingForADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:29 AM   #498
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
The recall says "vehicles sold in Puerto Rico". Don't think it should affect you in Cali (or me in NYC)
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 AM   #499
KingForADay

Drives: 2013 5 dr. Liftback Yaris LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC-SE View Post
The recall says "vehicles sold in Puerto Rico". Don't think it should affect you in Cali (or me in NYC)
Oh, strange. I wonder why they even sent me the email alert. I signed up to be alerted and am pretty certain I entered my VIN when doing so, and according to the vehicle history my car was originally sold new in Texas (bought it used here in Cali.).

When I first read the Puerto Rico part I figured they meant it included those sold in Puerto Rico and not strictly ones sold there. But then I just noticed the affected number and it's only 16K, which is way too small a number for 3 years worth of US models.

Thanks for pointing that out!
KingForADay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #500
Flammable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingForADay View Post
Oh, strange. I wonder why they even sent me the email alert. I signed up to be alerted and am pretty certain I entered my VIN when doing so, and according to the vehicle history my car was originally sold new in Texas (bought it used here in Cali.).

When I first read the Puerto Rico part I figured they meant it included those sold in Puerto Rico and not strictly ones sold there. But then I just noticed the affected number and it's only 16K, which is way too small a number for 3 years worth of US models.

Thanks for pointing that out!
A Toyota dealership should be able to advise you of any recalls just by your VIN. You may want to check with them and see if there are any other recalls that your car would be under. I just recently had the passenger airbag sensor replaced via recall on my 2012 Yaris.
Old 05-25-2015, 03:55 PM   #501
CB Spoolmak

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
I had mine done a couple weeks back. Went in for the seat rail and they fixed the clockspring. Finally got to drive my car without the airbag light on for the first time in over 5 years.
I just had the seat rail & spiral cable recall done. Just to verify, the "airbag" light should go out now? As long as I am in the car the orange lettered word,center of the dash, stays lit. Correct or defective?
CB Spoolmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 07:43 AM   #502
LugNut

Drives: 2007 2DR Liftback
Just had the spiral cable and the seat rails done -- took them 2.5 hours. I had undone my seat tilt mod, in advance; now going to reinstall.

Never had a problem with the airbag light.
LugNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 AM   #503
QAsdfdsf

Drives: black,very nice
The casesam.co.uk automaic '09 5 door that we traded ourcase.co.uk in for the 2010 automatic 3 door did it as well .

Last edited by QAsdfdsf; 10-29-2015 at 09:32 PM.
QAsdfdsf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 08:39 AM   #504
cparker

Drives: 2014 Yaris L
2015 Yaris strut recall

Just read about this in the car connection news I get every day.I'll try and provide a link below, but if it doesn't work, go to thecarconnection.com and read the news letter for May 27th 2016. http://www.thecarconnection.com/news...or-suspension/

Last edited by cparker; 05-28-2016 at 09:06 AM.
cparker is offline   Reply With Quote