Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > California
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-19-2007, 01:12 AM   #55
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy707 View Post
L&L employee huh? Does that mean you can get an employee discount? Where is the L&L up there anyway?

LOL, yah we can have Michael's, Bed Bath and Beyond, plus Old Navy as a backdrop!

Man, I'm so tired of the katsu. It's my favorite thing on the menu but it's also my most ordered. Loco moco sounds gross cold, I always have eaten it fresh.

Anyways, IF we all decide on Vallejo, we can always cruise to the waterfront for pix. Actually I can think of a few picturesque places. Dan Foley park? Shit, the park on Jack London @ sunset even (that way we can use the bathroom and #2 at your pad! J/K!)
i work at the one off of I-5 here in Sac...lol. you too? yeah, i'm still not getting katsu yet. haha. but yeah, i also wanna try garlic mahi because it smells pretty good when i'm bagging it, but i don't really like garlic flavor. haha.

yeah, that water front is a cool place. as for Dan Foley, i've only gone there at night...trying to remember which park is on Jack London (don't really pass by any parks there...)
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:14 AM   #56
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuiedie View Post
haha thats cool, L&L is growing by the day. im from hawaii and i just moved to modesto recently. L&L was a regular stop for us back home, and believe it or not, they just opened a new L&L's here in modesto. its still new they dont even have a menu posted inside! kalua pig tasted the same as back home, although the katsu was a bit dry and tough. havent tried anything else yet. no kim chee in stock.
i get the kalua pork with the cabbage cooked with it. good, but not one of my favorites. i think the cooks there are putting too much flour and deep frying it too long. heh, the cooks where i work at are great, but i can't say the same for the one off of I-80. i got sick when i ate there. we usually have kimchee, and we even have malasadas. hahaha. i sold out of malasadas yesterday though. heh.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:15 AM   #57
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
I'd definitely be down for a san fran trip. My gf still hasnt been there lol. Oh and as for the rice thing, dont forget the people who have bodykits that you know sure as hell wont get painted. zip ties ftw. :O lol on the plus side i saw another white lb here lol.
lol...baby blue front bumper, white side-skirts, and a flat black rear bumper. that's the best.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:13 AM   #58
Chiefy707
XBox360 Fanboy

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue LB
Send a message via AIM to Chiefy707
This is the 1st time I've read a thread post on this forum with my stomach growling and my mouth watering. Fuck, I think I'll go there for lunch tomorrow.

There's a park off of Jack London (about a 1/4 mile down after turning off of Meadows) that's next to the Napa River. Although you don't see any water, it's surrounded by those 'hot dog swamp plant thingies' with highway 37 and the bridge in view.

Eff it, I'll be willing to cough up $8 for a meet in the City. I think Twin Peaks is as picturesque as it gets. 2 lane winding roads, a view of almost the entire Bay Area what more can you ask? Too bad thousands of tourists think the same thing too.

BTW I did notice the katsu is kinda tough usually. But there's something about katsu sauce, breaded chicken, rice, and mac salad. Shit man I gotta eat!

-Tinted windows
-Blue interior light kit
-TRD suspension (shocks and struts)
-TRD Sport Muffler
-Cheap ass Ebay OEM style foglights that no longer work (after a month!) and ALWAYS fill with freaking water
Chiefy707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 03:30 AM   #59
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
This is the 1st time I've read a thread post on this forum with my stomach growling and my mouth watering. Fuck, I think I'll go there for lunch tomorrow.

There's a park off of Jack London (about a 1/4 mile down after turning off of Meadows) that's next to the Napa River. Although you don't see any water, it's surrounded by those 'hot dog swamp plant thingies' with highway 37 and the bridge in view.

Eff it, I'll be willing to cough up $8 for a meet in the City. I think Twin Peaks is as picturesque as it gets. 2 lane winding roads, a view of almost the entire Bay Area what more can you ask? Too bad thousands of tourists think the same thing too.

BTW I did notice the katsu is kinda tough usually. But there's something about katsu sauce, breaded chicken, rice, and mac salad. Shit man I gotta eat!

i just finished me a regular bbq chicken, all rice and extra cabbage. man, that oil on the cabbage...ahhh, good stuff. i do the same with the bbq beef. like i said before, i got sick with the L&L off of I-80 here because of their mac salad. got traumatized by it, so i always get all rice now. hahaha

eh, i vote for the water-front if the meeting were to be in Vallejo. otherwise, the City it is (even though i'm going to need directions. i've only driven near and around the wharf, staying away from those steep hills.)

hmmmm, i wonder what i'm going to get the next time i work...man i'm fat, i just ate and already i'm thinking about food. haha.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #60
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
but yes, SF as a backdrop will be very, very nice. can't really say that for the Vallejo Plaza we're talking about. lol.
so are these the two places we've come down to?
Old 04-22-2007, 01:32 AM   #61
Chiefy707
XBox360 Fanboy

We should still talk it over since Paradigm 's up in Vacaville and Yuiedie's down in Modesto. I'm just leaning toward Vallejo I think it's the most convienent (esp. for my lazy ass) or the City for the scenery.

-Tinted windows
-Blue interior light kit
-TRD Sport Muffler
-Cheap ass Ebay OEM style foglights that no longer work (after a month!) and ALWAYS fill with freaking water
Old 04-22-2007, 01:34 AM   #62
yrsdrgn

well we still have time before summer hits (sorta when i want this to go down) maybe in June or early July? Gotta catch up with the SoCal folk who already had a meet haha.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:58 AM   #63
Kaotic Lazagna

hahaha, i think. Vallejo or SF. but like i said, if in Vallejo, then the Marina/Waterfront there. if in SF, you guys tell me, i'm not sure where's the good spots at. heh.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:02 AM   #64
yrsdrgn

i live in SF hehe ^^ Golden Gate bridge area is awesome Lots of good places in the Presidio
Old 04-22-2007, 02:11 AM   #65
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
We should still talk it over since Paradigm 's up in Vacaville and Yuiedie's down in Modesto. I'm just leaning toward Vallejo I think it's the most convienent (esp. for my lazy ass) or the City for the scenery.
heh, i'm in Sac, and Vallejo would be easier for me. SF is a 2 hour drive for me. hehe. where's Modesto at again? lol...i'm geographically disabled.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #66
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
well we still have time before summer hits (sorta when i want this to go down) maybe in June or early July? Gotta catch up with the SoCal folk who already had a meet haha.
seriously!
Old 04-22-2007, 02:12 AM   #67
Kaotic Lazagna

Quote:
Originally Posted by yrsdrgn View Post
i live in SF hehe ^^ Golden Gate bridge area is awesome Lots of good places in the Presidio
where's that one place at that has the GG Bridge in the background?
Old 04-22-2007, 02:27 AM   #68
yrsdrgn

sausilito? I don't know how to spell it haha. it has hella nice views from there
Old 04-22-2007, 03:17 AM   #69
Kaotic Lazagna

wait, so that cliff is not in SF?
Old 04-22-2007, 03:47 PM   #70
Chiefy707
XBox360 Fanboy

Modesto's actually not that far from Sac. All you gotta do is head down I-5 and you'll end up there.

Sausilito (or however you spell it?!) is I think the NW corner of the GG. There's a vista point on the NE corner. The Presidio is at the SE corner. There's a few spots at the SW corner, with a nude beach and GG Park among them. The vista point would make a great spot except for the tourist hordes, and the fact that the GG costs $5 for toll. The Presidio and the SW area are probably better (esp since I'm always seeing great photos of the GG from these areas.) It's just that I'm very unfamiliar with those areas.

-Tinted windows
-Blue interior light kit
-TRD Sport Muffler
Old 04-22-2007, 03:54 PM   #71
Chiefy707
XBox360 Fanboy

The SW area is called Baker Beach. I only heard about the nude beach but I think it's true. Even then only part of the beach would have nekkid fools running around.

I had to Google this subject but check it out:
The Golden Gate Bridge

-Tinted windows
-Blue interior light kit
-TRD Sport Muffler
Old 04-22-2007, 04:13 PM   #72
yrsdrgn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
wait, so that cliff is not in SF?
nope hehe it's sausillito haha and Chiefy 707 seems to know a lot about the places here in SF. yup yup Baker Beach is a nude beach but not many people go nude down there as often as long time ago haha.

Any final decisions yet about location for the meet?