Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #1
vinny121

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Wink Mysterious sound under passenger seat

I hear this metal on metal noise when I am driving the Yaris that sounds like it is coming from below the passenger seat. I hear this sometimes when I accelerate or stop or turn. It sounds like metal on metal and it is frustrating since I have pretty sensitive hearing. I was persistent about finding the source so I read in this forum that there is not much space for a metal on metal sound to hide.

So last week I reached in there under the carpet near the air vents below the passenger seat and found a bunch of stuff like gum, including a rubber ball but could not find any metal. But the usual sound was still there!

So today I did another search near the center console and found a metal pen. I hope this is it since it was rally annoying for some time. I hope this helps anyone fix these interior noises in their car. Just check under your carpet!
vinny121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 10:53 PM   #2
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
look under car see if you have loose heat shield
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 08:42 PM   #3
vinny121

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Smile Found another object

It wasn't the metal pen since I continued to hear the noise. The sound is definitely in the car. I pulled the door base molding near the floor. It was just snapped it in and required no tools. Then I released the carpet from the pink clips. Next I looked under the passenger seat framing which had a square hole in it. I found a marble. Since it is hard to manuevor in such a tight space, I got it out very carefully. The noise should be gone!
vinny121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carpet