Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-21-2015, 10:53 PM   #1
JudgeM

Drives: 2005 Toyota Vitz RS
Question ABS problem and error codes.

I get ABS light come up sometime. I would say maybe 2 times a month. Seems to randomly come up. I can't think of any specific action I did to cause them. If I restart the car, the ABS light goes away.

So one day I was driving with my Techstream stuff. The light came on again. I pulled over and ran a scan. This is what I got:

C1241, C1249

Any ideas how to fix this ?

See attached image.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abs erros.jpg (245.1 KB, 225 views)
JudgeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 11:08 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Those are interesting ones:

1241: When there is an abnormality in the power supply circuit of the brake actuator (skid control ECU), the skid control ECU sets a DTC and the operation is prohibited by the fail-safe function. This DTC is set when the voltage supplied to terminal IG1 is outside the DTC detection threshold, due to abnormalities in the battery, power source circuits or charging circuits such as the alternator circuit.
The fail-safe function is canceled when the voltage to terminal IG1 returns to normal.

1249:
The skid control ECU detects the brake operating conditions through a signal transmitted by the stop light switch. The skid control ECU incorporates an open circuit detection circuit. This DTC is set under either of the following conditions:
• An open is detected in the stop light signal input line when the stop light switch is off.
• An open is detected in the stop light circuit lead to the ground when the stop light switch is off.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:09 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I would start with pulling the connector on the ABS ECU and cleaning the contacts.
Old 03-22-2015, 06:03 AM   #4
JudgeM

I don't have VSC in my car. It's confusing, the yaris repair manual seems to refer to the ABS motor thing as a skid control ECU.

Does this mean I should take the connector of the ABS motor and clean the contacts?
Old 03-22-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Yes. The ABS ECU is the skid control ECU
Old 11-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #6
JoeW
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 Yaris 1.5L Sedan
Thank you. I have those same codes (and more, below! :-) Can you recommend a good/best value code reader and what is the source for your code descriptions, CTScott?

I recently replaced my battery and had done my rear drum brakes myself a few months ago.

My total set is:
P1801, recent clutch replacement perhaps and mechanic didn't reset. At 122K miles.
B1660
B1801
C0210
C1238
C1241
C1249
JoeW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:04 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW View Post
Thank you. I have those same codes (and more, below! :-) Can you recommend a good/best value code reader and what is the source for your code descriptions, CTScott?

I recently replaced my battery and had done my rear drum brakes myself a few months ago.

My total set is:
P1801, recent clutch replacement perhaps and mechanic didn't reset. At 122K miles.
B1660
B1801
C0210
C1238
C1241
C1249
For the Toyota specific codes, the best code reader is the TechStream tool.

For code info, I get the details from the the service manual.
Old 01-26-2016, 12:21 AM   #8
JudgeM

I got around and cleaned up the ABS ECU connectors. Hoped the problem would go away. It came back the otherday. What do you recommend I do next ?
Old 01-16-2017, 07:56 AM   #9
rkbladex

Drives: Toyota Vitz
@CTScott

I am currently facing Vibration issue with my Vitz 2009 model. When i scanned my car with Toyota Techstream software following error code are showing in current. I don't know its related to vibration or not?.

Can you tell me what are these error code means and what can be the problem of these error codes. Currently I am facing vibration on low rpm during brake operation when engine is hot and RPM drop down below 700 that cause it to vibrate on pressing accelerator vibration are gone are these error code related to this problem?

-RKBladeX
rkbladex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkbladex View Post
@CTScott

I am currently facing Vibration issue with my Vitz 2009 model. When i scanned my car with Toyota Techstream software following error code are showing in current. I don't know its related to vibration or not?.

Can you tell me what are these error code means and what can be the problem of these error codes. Currently I am facing vibration on low rpm during brake operation when engine is hot and RPM drop down below 700 that cause it to vibrate on pressing accelerator vibration are gone are these error code related to this problem?

-RKBladeX
See post #2 above for details on the first code. Clean your battery terminals, check the connector to the ABS ECU for both the first and second.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:36 AM   #11
ncp13

Drives: 01 Yaris TS
Hello !
Check the condition of your battery and battery terminals. Should be 12,6 at rest with no surface charge. U0100 is lost com due to voltage droping under 7V and loosing com with the control unit.

During ABS activation the ABS pump motor draws a lot of current and with a weak battery and or weak connections you could be experiencing c1249.
ncp13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:26 PM   #12
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
Over the past week, I've been getting random problems of ABS (and handbrake) warning lights coming on for around 10 minutes at a time, as well as ABS sometimes kicking in when slowing down to a stop in perfectly dry road conditions. I took it to my mechanic today, and he tried cleaning the contacts, but that didn't help, and he now has the ABS error showing constantly.

He says I should change the bearing for the wheel with the snsor problem, as the ABS sensor is embedded in the bearing - preferably both bearings while at it. This starts to become an expensive job. He's a very good mechanic that I've known for some years, who always tell me if I can avoid changing parts that don't really need to be replaced and has saved me a lot of money of the years. So I usually tend to trust his judgment.

What do the experts on this forum think? Should I change both bearings or just the one?
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #13
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Are codes coming up related to the rear sensors only?

Has he blown off the front sensors with compressed air to remove any iron buildup on the magnetic pickup?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:42 PM   #14
B.B._07

Drives: 07 5dr
You can read the ABS codes yourself by jumping pins 4 and 13 of the OBD2 port and turning the ignition to ON. That will give you some direction if the front sensors are the issue.
B.B._07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abs, c1241, c1249