Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-29-2008, 10:12 AM   #1
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Carcept Kits

Hrmm well i was looking at getting the Kaminari Kit originally but shipping is alot at the moment and the Australia to US dollar is pretty bad. Trying to look for local alternatives. I found a shop locally that stocks 3 Kits for the Yaris. Two of which made by carcept, and one is the TRD one, which is like the YRX one but the rear is only slightly different.

Anyway there are the two carcept ones Extreme and A standard one i guess.
I don't wanna get the extreme, its abit to much. Ive seen someone here with it in the YarisGarages. Here's the two photos. I've photoshoped the normal one on my car. What are your thoughts? At first i didn't like it on the photo, but after photoshopping it doesn't look to bad.

Standard Kit

Extreme Kit

Photoshoped - Standard

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
I love it. Looks very clean!
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:40 PM   #3
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
I like it very much.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
KCALB SIRAY
それを吸ってください

Drives: black sand lb
I don't like the side skirts at all. The front is simple and clean. Do you have any rear shots?
KCALB SIRAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:54 PM   #5
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
I personally like the extreme kit. But I'm partial to show cars, not always practical for everyday use.
coheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:35 PM   #6
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
how much are the kits? are you looking at ssv?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:08 PM   #7
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCALB SIRAY View Post
I don't like the side skirts at all. The front is simple and clean. Do you have any rear shots?
Hrmm yeh the side skirts aren't the best, but i agree the front is nice.

Rear photo here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
how much are the kits? are you looking at ssv?
SSV sell them too, well queit a few places in Australia do i think. But i was just looking at my local shop in Perth. I think the prices are painted and fitted.

Spoiler Shop - http://www.spoilershop.com.au/store/...wCat&catId=197

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
Old 12-29-2008, 08:33 PM   #8
jinxor

Drives: Yaris 3dr YRS
just had a look at the spoiler shop website... dang thats expensive for a bumper paint and fit. 950 dollars. I guess if you are keen on spending over 2 and a half grand on the parts, you better get the ones from thailand and get them to a local paint shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
they look in and i tell them "come on man, its stock, its slow, look its ricy as fuck, look at the fur, im a ricer man"
jinxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:11 PM   #9
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
just had a look at the spoiler shop website... dang thats expensive for a bumper paint and fit. 950 dollars. I guess if you are keen on spending over 2 and a half grand on the parts, you better get the ones from thailand and get them to a local paint shop.
I think the total for the standard kit is only $1650 total painted and fitted. $950 is for the extreme kit bumper.

I found another sports yaris kit on this site, i've never seen it before.

Link - http://blingbitzcomau.melbourneitweb...duct_id=148744

I only found one big photo of the front side, i emailed them for bigger photos of the rear. I think the front goes abit high though. Its about $800 for the whole kit unpainted.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:24 PM   #10
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Do you know where they are being made, or what Grade they are? Hopefully they are "A" quality kits.

Nice to see some options for you guys down under!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 01:13 AM   #11
ruimond

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Do you know where they are being made, or what Grade they are? Hopefully they are "A" quality kits.

Nice to see some options for you guys down under!
The Sports Yaris Kit made by Bling Bitz that i posted with the Silver Yaris is made from ABS Plastic apparently. I found a post on another forum about it from the dealer i think. Not sure what grade that would be considered.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:02 PM   #12
Nico4960

Drives: Yaris 1.4 D-4D
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruimond View Post

Photoshoped - Standard

Nice... but don't like side skirts and I think it's fiberglass
Nico4960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #13
Jerkratt

Drives: 08 Yaris Liftback S (RIP 07)
Send a message via AIM to Jerkratt
hate to revive this thread but im trying REALLY hard to source the carcepts Mid Spoiler... if ANYONE can help that would be amazing.