Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2007, 07:09 PM   #1
MeggiemobileSFLA

Drives: yaris sedan
Lightbulb Help ASAP!!!! low coolant indicator

Hi. Im new to the forum and needed some help. I have had my Yaris base sedan for about 5 days now and every time i start up the car, my low coolant light is on for about 1-2 mins until the engine is warm then it turns off. At first i freaked out and checked my fluid level but everything was good so i just figured that was something this car did to let me know that my engine is cold and turns off once it is warmed up(since it doesnt have a normal temp gauge). Now im starting to worry again since i didnt see anyone else here on the forum having this same issue. Of course the engine was already nice and warm when i drove it off the lot since it had to be driven from another dealership to me and it didnt do this problem i've been having. p.s. the light does not come on say if i drive to the store and come right back out and turn it on since it's warmed up already. Someone mentioned to me at work that maybe im not getting the correct flow of coolant until the engine is warmed, which i dont want happening to my BRAND NEW car.... Wanted to know if ANYBODY has any input to whether i should take it to the dealership to have it checked out..... Thanks in advance
***Im not very good with manuevering this website so if you could private message me that would be great

Meghan
MeggiemobileSFLA is offline   Reply With Quote