Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-01-2010, 11:54 PM   #19
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
why is youre airbag light on?

I have the same cluster as you (amber from an Vitz RS (canadian version) and the only two indicators that stay "ON" are...ABS light and (!) brake light...
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:57 AM   #20
SAV912
Pirate Yaaaaris

Drives: '00 Toyota Celica GTS 6MT
Send a message via AIM to SAV912
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
The reason I want a tach is because I run 1/4 at least once a month. My car is turbo if you did not notice. Im tired of hitting the rev limiter every time I shift. Also the reason for getting a Canadian cluster is because they had tach's in the HB since 2006 & the US models with tach's were from 2008+ S models which are very rare. As for the resale value, if and when I decide to sell I can always reinstall the original cluster.
All valid points. I noticed your car was turbo, it's definitely a hot ride. I wasn't trying to be a total doucheface about it, I was legitimately asking, and thank you for actually responding instead of just like the other meathead.

I don't like how they light up amber either. I have an '09+ and the lady has an '08. I like her cluster better, but at least my amber matches my radio and air con. Hers is white/green. Odd. Keep the resale value thing in mind though, because you can't just swap back to the old cluster and then sell the car. The old cluster won't be accumulating miles on it while sitting on the shelf in the garage. I see this answer a lot when cluster swapping comes around and I wonder if people actually think of this.

Then again, I guess if you're turbo'd and all that warranty-voiding jazz, then incorrect mileage isn't really going to deter you. Again, nice ride.

-SAV

'09 Yaris LB 5MT Sold.
SAV912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #21
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
Installed and working. Only issues:

1 The color it lights up in, amber, didnt think about that, oh well no big deal, Ill change the rest of the car to amber

2 Airbag(right side top), ABS (right side bottom) & a mystery indicator (bottom) is on, solved it by taking the cluster apart & covering the indicator with a permanent marker. Check engine is on cause I do not have a catalytic converter.

Attachment 34787
You have AMBER because this was pulled from a Canadian RS model. The non-RS models are exactly the same display, except they are a WHITE LED instead for the back lighting.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote