Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
shyeoh

Drives: sedan auto 2010
Lost key (transponder and remote lock/unlock)

hi!

I just bought a new yaris 2010 model and shit happens - lost the one set of key (one with 2 button remote and an immobiliser built in)

can someone tell me if i can disable the lost key transponder without going to the dealer or replacing the immobiliser? i guess the remote lock/unlock is not too critical but just don't like the idea that my key is somewhere OUT THERE and it is coded to my car still. i read that i can program a new set of key myself by following the manual but not sure if i can delete out the code without the tester used by toyota.

thanks everybody!
shyeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyeoh View Post
hi!

I just bought a new yaris 2010 model and shit happens - lost the one set of key (one with 2 button remote and an immobiliser built in)

can someone tell me if i can disable the lost key transponder without going to the dealer or replacing the immobiliser? i guess the remote lock/unlock is not too critical but just don't like the idea that my key is somewhere OUT THERE and it is coded to my car still. i read that i can program a new set of key myself by following the manual but not sure if i can delete out the code without the tester used by toyota.

thanks everybody!

To wipe out the lost one, you put the system in "re-write" mode. This erases all registered remotes. Then, you go into "add" mode and add your non-lost one back in.

If you look at page 107 of the Door Lock section of the service manual (posted in a sticky in the DIY section), the instructions are there.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:23 AM   #3
shyeoh

Drives: sedan auto 2010
Thanks Scott ..... now to actually do it and cross my fingers that it works (or my understanding of the manual is right!!)
shyeoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:02 AM   #4
karol93

Drives: black yaris
Hi I have a 1999 yaris I've lost the only key to the car. There are no buttons on the key. Can someone please suggest the cheapest way of getting a new key. Without having to contact dealers for quotes
Thanks
karol93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:04 AM   #5
karol93

Drives: black yaris
Also is there a code on the door barrel or the ignition
karol93 is offline   Reply With Quote