Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-30-2006, 12:55 PM   #1
yuri2002

Drives: Yaris HB
Winter Wiper Blade for Yaris HB

Hi, I am looking for winter wiper blade for Yaris HB. I went to walmart and autozone yesterday, but their book didn't list replacement size for my vehicle. Anyone have any insight?
yuri2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 02:47 PM   #2
07WYarisRS
HardlyDangerous

Drives: 09 Yaris LE, H/B, auto
Are you looking for a different type of blade or are the OEM's in need of replacing?

I don't recommend the covered so called "winter blades" the silicone cover tear easily and then water and snow are trapped inside and it makes it worse then a regular wiper because the washer fluid will not desolve any ice. I've bought them twice and swore I would never waist my $$$ on them stupid winter wipers again.

Anyway measure each wiper blade and then go buy a universal blase the correct size for each side. (they may be different) the clips included will have one that works with your wiper arm.

If you want a better wiper I would recommend the steel frame dual wiper blade wipers.

If you have a problem with ice and snow you can buy a spray bottle of de-icer from Kamrt, walmart or any automotive store. Just spray a shot on your windshield and wipers and your good to go. You can also add a bottle of ice remover to the washer fluid to make it a super ice remover.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:32 PM   #3
Boo

Drives: PW Yaris LB AT
I think the new style aero wiper is good for winter, since it doesn't have joint.
However, I couldn't find one fit for Yaris...
The wiper size is kind of odd on Yaris.. like 24" and 14"
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote