Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-08-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Door lock Issue

So heres the story, last night my fiancee mentioned to me that when she locked the car earlier with the remote, that the back right door was not locking. After looking into it, I discovered you couldnt even lock the door manually. I was able to take the door apart and get to the locking mechanism and noticed that i couldnt move the lever inside of it. I was able to take the mechanism apart, but couldnt tell if anything was broken inside, I was able to reset the locking pin so the door would at least lock.

Here is the problem, the door even though it locks, now has a very hard time in opening, you have to fiddle with the handle and push on the door really hard to get it open. I am assuming that it has something to do with something inside the assembly not catching proberly. I am going to take the lock apart again this weekend, i looked through the service manual on here but didnt see any diagram on the inside of the locking mechanism, only the cables connecting to it. Does anyone know what the inside of it is suppose to look like or know where the diagram is in the service manual? Any help is most appreciated.
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Unfortunately the service manual doesn't show any internal details, since it just gets replaced as an entire assembly.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
GeneralDon7

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Done

Well after about 15 minutes of fiddling with the lock apart, I finally figured out the issue. There is a spring that is suppose to bring the lever back into position when you unlock the car(the red circle in the first picture), well somehow the spring came off, so when you unlocked the car the lever didn't move back and acted like it was locked. So in case anyone else has a similar issue i included pics of what the inside of our locks(at least the back) looks like.
GeneralDon7 is offline   Reply With Quote