Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #19
En4sir

Drives: '09 Yaris 3dr HB 5sp
After reading all these posts it looks like I'll be ordering an Ecometer. I haven't even ordered it yet and can't wait to get it.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:41 PM   #20
DevilGirl

Drives: 09 3dr LB MT
Other than the ecometer and the scangauge, are there any other tachs out there that can plug into the OBD port, have an analog (nondigital readout, but the looks of an rpm readout), but also give MPG's?

Car bought 8/7/09. Now over 89k miles of trouble free driving, other than user error!!
DevilGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #21
STANGER45

Drives: YARIS
thank you for everyones input.
STANGER45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:04 PM   #22
ellenbetty
ellenbetty

Drives: 2 2007 Yaris 3 door liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGirl View Post
Other than the ecometer and the scangauge, are there any other tachs out there that can plug into the OBD port, have an analog (nondigital readout, but the looks of an rpm readout), but also give MPG's?
Bully Dog Watch Dog Monitors BLY-40400 and BLK-40402 are programable, plug into the OBD port and can display one computer generated round gauge with gage needle as well as additional information. $250 if memory serves me. Bully Dog is aimed at the truck market. Bully Dog does not list the Toyota Yaris as being covered. Some people think the Bully Dog is too large and too expensive. The Bully Dog is more the size and shape of a navigation system.

There are several other makers of plug in OBD gages as well. The last time I checked only ecometer lists (admits) that their meter will work in the Toyota Yaris. The they did not list the Toyota Yaris as a vehicle that their product will work on.

The ecometer does have LED lights that go from green to yellow to red that are placed around the dial. My guess is that the LED lights change fuction to match the digital display. Only problem is that the LED lights are programmed backward (they light up counter clock wise). Takes a few seconds to get used to.

I installed my ecometers on my dash beside my navigation systems. Photos in personal section and attached to message.
ellenbetty is offline   Reply With Quote