Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2018, 01:50 PM   #1
Janviernes

Drives: 06 5door
5-Door Rear Washer Fluid

Hello, I have an 09 5-door and I'm hoping to disconnect the rear washer fluid hose, and remove the nozzle on the hatch to put something else in its place. Anybody know where I can find the hose routing to the rear so that I can disconnect it or clamp it off?

Also any tips on removing the rear wiper itself would be appreciated.
Janviernes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 04:48 PM   #2
Ghastlyship

Drives: 2015 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Search for the diy of the horizontal to vertical wiper mod for rear wiper removal. It has pictures. Not sure about hose routing. Likely it’s routed over the roof upholstery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2018, 11:41 PM   #3
Janviernes

Drives: 06 5door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghastlyship View Post
Search for the diy of the horizontal to vertical wiper mod for rear wiper removal. It has pictures. Not sure about hose routing. Likely it’s routed over the roof upholstery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, that helps some! :)

I'm hoping to locate the source of the hose in the engine bay so I can cut it off there and not have stagnant fluid in the line forever. But I'll check in the sills and pillars if that doesn't work out.
Janviernes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
Ghastlyship

Drives: 2015 Toyota Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janviernes View Post

I'm hoping to locate the source of the hose in the engine bay so I can cut it off there and not have stagnant fluid in the line forever. But I'll check in the sills and pillars if that doesn't work out.

Best place to start looking would be the washer fluid reservoir, for obvious reasons. I don't think having stagnant fluid in the line would be an issue. It doesn't take much to flush it out and AFAIK it doesn't go bad like other fluids in cars.

What are you replacing the nozzle with? Are you deleting the rear wiper and washer nozzle?
Old 02-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #5
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
The hose runs from the washer tank under the bumper on the passenger side through the body of the car (I believe along the floor but I'll have to check) to the back, up the D pillar to the center into the tail gate.