Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-23-2017, 08:41 PM   #1
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Aux Input Installed Today - Awesome!

I installed my adapter today. It took about 10 minutes. I'm using PowerAmp and I'm thoroughly impressed with the sound. It's not the clarity and power of my van's aftermarket system, but it's downright impressive. And what a simple, cheap and quick upgrade!

Here is the unit I bought:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-MP3-Play...72.m2749.l2649

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 04:27 AM   #2
madprofessorus

Drives: Yaris 2008
That's great,I have a 2008 model and I would like to install one of these,I have a couple of questions,how do you operate this? Pushing the CD button? My CD mechanism is damaged, should this be an issue? I suppose it cuts off the CD right?

Sent from my HT7 Pro using Tapatalk
madprofessorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 07:26 PM   #3
Whiplash

Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
What does this do? Allow you to control (music) phone from the car stereo?
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 05:23 AM   #4
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by madprofessorus View Post
That's great,I have a 2008 model and I would like to install one of these,I have a couple of questions,how do you operate this? Pushing the CD button? My CD mechanism is damaged, should this be an issue? I suppose it cuts off the CD right?

Yes, you push the cd button. You have to control the music from your phone as I have not yet been able to advance songs via the deck buttons, but it may be possible. The adapter plugs into a vacant port in the back. I don't think a damaged cd player will have any affect on operation.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
Old 10-20-2017, 05:27 AM   #5
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
What does this do? Allow you to control (music) phone from the car stereo?
It allows you to send a music signal from your phone to the radio in your car. I think it's only one way: phone to car radio.

Here is a link to the adapter.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-MP3-Pla...72.m2749.l2649

Old 10-20-2017, 05:57 AM   #6
Whiplash

Drives: 2009 Yaris 4DR
Ah, so if your car already had an AUX input you wouldn't need this.
I thought that maybe it would allow you to skip songs through the factory HU instead of through the phone.
Whiplash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 03:28 PM   #7
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash View Post
Ah, so if your car already had an AUX input you wouldn't need this.
I thought that maybe it would allow you to skip songs through the factory HU instead of through the phone.
Correct, I believe. Mine had no aux input. I have to search youtube as I thought I saw a video a while back where someone was toggling through a song list via the head unit controls using this adapter.

EDIT: Ok, I found the video on youtube. The adapter version for iPod/iphone (I assume) will allow you to skip songs with the radio buttons. It has a different jack with multiple pins, vs the one I have with just has a 3.5mm input.

Last edited by 06YarisRS; 10-20-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 01-20-2018, 03:30 PM   #8
madprofessorus

So, I bought this cable from ebay https://m.ebay.com/itm/3-5MM-AUX-Aud...wAAOSwjDZYZfek

Installed it today, I removed the cable which was on the left socket and plugged this cable, unfortunately didn't got any sound, tried on the cd, used my smartphone and also with a Bluetooth audio adapter, with no success, could it be the issue that my cd is damaged, can't play a cd and when I turn it on it gives an error 3 message, or this cable isn't proper for my car audio device?

Old 01-20-2018, 04:47 PM   #9
06YarisRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by madprofessorus View Post
So, I bought this cable from ebay https://m.ebay.com/itm/3-5MM-AUX-Aud...wAAOSwjDZYZfek

Installed it today, I removed the cable which was on the left socket and plugged this cable, unfortunately didn't got any sound, tried on the cd, used my smartphone and also with a Bluetooth audio adapter, with no success, could it be the issue that my cd is damaged, can't play a cd and when I turn it on it gives an error 3 message, or this cable isn't proper for my car audio device?

It's been a while, but I am pretty sure I did not have to unplug any connectors. It went into an empty socket in the back of the radio. Are you sure that it is hooked up correctly? I suppose it's possible that if somehow the CD circuit in your radio is bad, that it may affect the adapter's ability to do its job.

Old 01-20-2018, 06:27 PM   #10
madprofessorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
It's been a while, but I am pretty sure I did not have to unplug any connectors. It went into an empty socket in the back of the radio. Are you sure that it is hooked up correctly? I suppose it's possible that if somehow the CD circuit in your radio is bad, that it may affect the adapter's ability to do its job.
If you look closely to the picture on the link, you will see the connector, on my radio there was that connector attached, I removed that and inserted this that I bought, I checked it twice and it was plugged into fine, maybe it has to do with the connector itself, or my radio is a bit different, I have the unit w58824, is there any info available?

Old 01-21-2018, 06:58 AM   #11
madprofessorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
After some research, I found why is not working, it suits to the connection of the steering wheel sound control, so the only working is the one you bought, gotta buy one if these