Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #1
Uten

Drives: Yaris 1.3 vvt-i
Rear fog light does not work.

I have a straneg problem with my rear fog light. I have a voltage drop somewhere big enough that the bulb will not light up, and I don't get a pass on the pkk, TUV, MOT test.

I have meassured the voltage across the two outermost pinns on the connector to the rear combination lamp ( I think it is called ). Those are the pins in use by the fog bulb. This was found by annalysing the "rear combination lamp". This is on my cars left side, drivers side. On the right side the same bulb is the back-up light.

The voltage is 7.2V (engine is not running). So there is a voltage drop at about 4.6V somewhere.

Any ideas where to look? I have tried to find circiut diagrams but they don't have descriptions of the rear fog light. Both combinatio lamp bulbs on the curcuit diagram ( that I have from ManualsLib ) are Back-Up lights.

Anyone know if it is the front fog light relay that controls the rear foglight to?

Any advice appreciated.
Uten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
circuit diagram, fog light, rear fog