Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #1
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Sound system. 1 brand it all, which?

I want to stick with just one brand on my whole system, if so which? Price isn't issue here. im a big baller now, hell ya...but i bought a cheap ass indash tv..hahaha i dont want to spend that much on a 15k car.

Anyway what brand with work well with its components? I was told polks but that sound really cheap..
Speakers, amps and subs.

thx in advance

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #2
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
I like Pioneer. Maybe JL audio or Kenwood?
Old 03-14-2007, 10:49 PM   #3
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenjar View Post
I want to stick with just one brand on my whole system, if so which? Price isn't issue here
Well, if you're talking about one brand from source to speakers, and price isn't an object, there's really only one logical choice: Alpine F#1 Status..

If after looking at the prices money does seem to matter, have a look at the regular Alpine range
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 11:53 PM   #4
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
Well, if you're talking about one brand from source to speakers, and price isn't an object, there's really only one logical choice: Alpine F#1 Status..

If after looking at the prices money does seem to matter, have a look at the regular Alpine range
i second that. even on a budget, alpine can do some wonders...

--B
Old 03-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #5
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Alphine it is!

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
ALPINE

For the superior sound processing of even their budget head units, the wonderful price of X series components and subs, and because F#1 products are about the ballinest shit I've ever seen in my life.

Anything less is just that!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #7
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
As a hardcore Alpine fan, I'd have to agree. As someone who isn't blinded by brand loyalty, I must ask...why all one brand? Ease of shopping? Sound better when you tell your friends?
Old 03-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
The only reason I go with one brand is for matching purposes. Most brands are going to use the same stuff in all there speakers. So you get good speaker matching. Example: Alpine 6.5" Type R components are almost exactly Type R coax.
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 06:08 PM   #9
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

"Speaker matching". I like that one. Something like voice matching, eh? I get your meaning though...I did before I asked the question.

The REAL factor is going to be install (you've heard it a million times). Most likely the end user will just slap the speakers in the stock locations and be done with it.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #10
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Let me put that more eloquently...

Companies design their products to work together as a set, especially in the mobile audio industry.

This is why I think you should pick one brand and stick with it... whatever is a good balance between quality and price for you.

For me, that company is Alpine.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
JustYYaris

Drives: 2007 Blazing Blue Hatch M/T
I've always liked to match components too. My first car had all pioneer equipment. For the money, it sounded really nice. I had top of the line 6x9's (the ones with the compression horns, they sounded awesome) and the component plate for the 6x8 area. Pioneers not a bad brand to choose. Just stay away from their lower end stuff. They also have a premier line that has some better stuff (and some rebadged pioneer stuff as well).
JustYYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #12
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

You know what...I must be a downer. Cause I'm thinking almost the opposite. Granted, the Alpine has some features on thier some of thier units throughout the entire line, Ai Net, that allows "deeper" integration between peices, I just can't believe what I'm hearing here.

Alpine's speakers work with Alpine amplifiers just as well as let's say infinity speakers would with the same Alpine amplifiers. Good lord! Don't pick the same brand jsut because it looks the same or the head has the same material (plastic) as the speakers. Just playing on that one.

I'm simply playing devil's advocate here.

Pick a component, whatever the brand is because it sounds better than another one. Isn't that the point? If it is an Alpine, more power to your ears.

Oh, by the way, if I had to choose an inclusive manufacturer setup...it'd be Alpine. I'm on your side, just trying to assist in seeing all angles.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:19 PM   #13
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Id say Focal, but then you would match it with an amp from radio shack..

Alpine has a good range to choose from, but I would suggest having a listen to as many different setups before buying.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:39 PM   #14
ASHRAF
Scubie Du

Drives: '10 SWP STi/'09 Escalade
Send a message via AIM to ASHRAF Send a message via MSN to ASHRAF Send a message via Yahoo to ASHRAF
Alpine IMO.
'08 Fiji Blue Pearl Honda Civic Mugen Si - US
'08 Lightning Red Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US
'09 Diamond White Pearl Cadillac Escalade - US (current)
'10 Satin White Pearl Subaru Impreza WRX STi - US (current)
'11 Yaris?
ASHRAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 02:55 PM   #15
static808
Engineer/Artist/House-Dad

Drives: 2006 Toyota Sienna XLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post

Pick a component, whatever the brand is because it sounds better than another one.
competely agree here. its just like a home system. the best setups out there rarely involve speakers matching the amp. shit, some good systems gots completely different brands for every component, from preamp, to amp, to receiver, to cd/dvd player, let alone different speakers. but i also agree, if you needs one brand, go alpine...

--B
Old 03-16-2007, 06:47 PM   #16
Bryman31

dude the whole matching system is pure crap.........focal makes the best sounding speakers there is PERIOD!!!! go with JL AUDIO for subs and amps, and a deck of your choosing. you want quality NOT Quantity i have focal speakers and jl subs and amps with an alpine deck, one word DEAF!!! yes i will be deaf soon!!!! as i said quality not quantity
Bryman31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 07:28 PM   #17
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
lots of alpine votes, but since you said you already have a in dash tv i am assuming you have a deck too, so for subs amps and speakers, i would personally go with infinity. just me though, i think the infinity kappa components sound better than the alpine type r's.

[edit] also, i wouldnt go with a full matching set of anything. my system uses pioneer,mtx,and infinity. i found what sounded the best and put it together. infinity components are crisp and clear, and their amps are clean, but their subs suck, hence why i went with MTX's. I would put together what sounds best instead of what brand name will get you the most "street cred".
Old 03-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #18
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryman31 View Post
one word DEAF!!! yes i will be deaf soon!!!! as i said quality not quantity

Deaf? I think you must be putting quantity, not quality first
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote