Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-04-2006, 10:13 AM   #1
ketel0ne

Drives: 2007 Liftback Blazing Blue
Test Drive: Yaris revolution

A good review for the Canadian market:

http://www.northshoreoutlook.com/por...d=701185&more=

Quote:
Introduced in 1999, the Yaris has in eight years accomplished exactly what Toyota engineers and designers intended it to do. And that was to charm the urban classes with a very functional and economical sedan that displays a hint of personality in an otherwise bland segment.

For 2007, the Yaris gets a major makeover, one that injects more of the same that made it a big global seller for Toyota. And still with a base price under $15,000.

Powered by a spirited 106-horsepower, 1.5-litre engine, the Yaris isn't going to win you any pink slips, but with the solid and sure five-speed manual transmission, the peppy four-cylinder does a respectable job of getting you around. An optional four-speed automatic transmission adds $1,000 to the base price.

Engineers put a lot of work into the suspension of the redesigned subcompact and nowhere is that more noticeable than in turns at speed.

Like so much with the Yaris, Toyota keeps things clean and simple when it comes to model choices. Three packages - B, C, and D - are available, adding such things as power door locks, keyless entry, air conditioning, curtain airbags and an anti-lock braking system.

One complaint I have about the Yaris is that ABS brakes do not come standard.

I understand that including the tried, true and tested braking system adds to the price tag of the base model, but I think most consumers, even the very price sensitive, would buck up for ABS. Bundling it with other items serves little purpose.

For younger Yaris drivers, an Aero package offers many desirable add ons, from a full skirt and spoiler package to chrome trim to 15-inch alloy wheels.

The manual Aero is $17,560 and the auto is $18,560.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote