Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-08-2014, 03:49 PM   #1
Addock
I've made a post!

Drives: 2008 toyota yaris
On/Off road suspension, ride quality and control

Hello, I am looking to mod a factory new yaris this 2016. My current road conditions are similar to off road. I am trying to compile as much data on ride quality in order to improve the factory ride for the road conditions. Any information is welcome.

Items that I have researched so far:

Tires:

Struts: Ksport coil overs , monreo sensatrac
Addock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
Slitwrist Smile

Drives: 2008 yari sedan/2007 sc'd tC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addock View Post
Hello, I am looking to mod a factory new yaris this 2016. My current road conditions are similar to off road. I am trying to compile as much data on ride quality in order to improve the factory ride for the road conditions. Any information is welcome.

Items that I have researched so far:

Tires:

Struts: Ksport coil overs , monreo sensatrac
You are modding a car 2 years from now? 2016??? The Yaris is not a very good "off road" vehicle, unless you are a race team and have deep pockets. If your location is correctly listed as Ohio - I would recommend something from the Subaru lineup - or something that has more height than a Yaris. Maybe a Nissan Juke AWD.. You get as much snow as we do here in Pennsylvania - add that, and "off roading" and you should really look at a different vehicle. Maybe a small SUV or truck.

Anything aftermarket suspension wise, is NOT going to make your ride more "luxurious" if that is what you are asking. (The wording of your post is kind of, well.. odd) Aftermarket is usually geared towards performance, tightening the handling, reducing body roll, and giving the vehicle a more sporty feel.

Off road, and good ride quality - do not go hand in hand at all.

What has your current "compiled research data" provided you so far?

And why are you off roading in 2016? Why not do it now?
Slitwrist Smile is offline   Reply With Quote