Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2014, 09:43 PM   #1
Henry_mak16
Henry Mak

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris 2dr-hatchbk
Megan Axle-Back exhaust opinions?

Good evening yarisworld!

Interested in buying an axle-back exhaust for around $220. Megan-racing axle-back seems the way to go, just wanted to see what you guys have to say. What will it sound like (stock exhaust)? Any performance gains? Easy install?

Thanks!
Henry_mak16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:23 PM   #2
vaironl

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3 door, manual tran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry_mak16 View Post
Good evening yarisworld!

Interested in buying an axle-back exhaust for around $220. Megan-racing axle-back seems the way to go, just wanted to see what you guys have to say. What will it sound like (stock exhaust)? Any performance gains? Easy install?

Thanks!
Hey there I have the Megan and I’m happy with it.
When driving with the windows up I can’t hear it very well, but when I pull the windows down it’s noticeable. That’s a really good thing in my opinion as it doesn’t bother other people and you can still notice it and enjoy it. I do want to note I have an air intake along with it so that might affect the sound a little bit. Installation was very easy, but you should keep in mind you might need a new donut gasket (most people can reuse the old one). I had to install it on a third try because I tried to do it without jacking the car which is extremely difficult and I’m simply dumb. Performance gain, many claim it does releases a couple hp but you won't notice them unless you do other things that compliment the exhaust system.

Here are some threads to help you…

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38951
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6691
vaironl is offline   Reply With Quote