Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-01-2007, 11:40 PM   #1
MikeinNJ

Drives: 04 xA Soon to be 07 Yaris LB
Yaris Paint

Hello All, new guy here! My lease on my 04' Scion xA will be up June 8th and I'm looking to get an 07 Yaris LB in Blazin' Blue. My main complaint about my xA (the ONLY one, really) is that the paint chipped soo easily, especially on the hood. My question is, how has the paint held up for you Yaris folks? I have heard that Toyota paint is not exactly the greatest but I feel that most of the paint damage was due to the very sloped nature of the front end of the xA. The Yaris is also sloped but to a lesser extent (From what I can tell, anyway). Thanks for any help and I hope to be driving a Yaris LB soon, It has REALLY grown on me.
MikeinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:38 AM   #2
PetersRedYaris

Drives: 2005 Scion xB
The Yaris' paint is terrible also. Sorry, I know that's not what you wanted to hear. Welcome to the site.
PetersRedYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 12:58 AM   #3
MikeinNJ

Yeah, I guess I expected it. Oh well, over the last hour, just LOOKING at the pictures of the Yaris LB has made me want it 10x more. It's weird. This morning, I wasn't too crazy about the Yaris LB, but over the last 12 hours or so, I just keep becoming more infatuated with the design and interior. My best friend has an 07 Yaris Sedan, but I was not impressed (still not) with the design and was not considering a Yaris. Then I took a look at the Corolla, another xA, and finally the two Yarises (Yarii?). I kept coming back to the LB and I can't wait to get one now.

The first thing I do to it will involve replacing the factory HU for a Pioneer Avic-D3 (LOVE it!) and probably all four speakers with Pioneer Coaxials.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:10 AM   #4
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
mine will be one year old in July and my paint is chipping bad, on the A, pillar, fenders and hood
Old 05-02-2007, 01:26 AM   #5
MikeinNJ

Crap... Why must Toyota do this? There's nothing I hate more than going out to wax and seeing all the new chips and scratches. I almost want to ride it home from the dealership and get it resprayed and cleared right there, lol. Oh well, I still love the look of the car to death. I'll be sure to put pics up when I get it, though it will be about a month.

So far, I LOVE this site. Not too cluttered, VERY helpful and organized, seems like a great bunch of people. After being in the giant forums that are Scionlife, it's nice to see a smaller more focused community that is actually active.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:23 AM   #6
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
funny thing is my car has been repainted, it was wrecked 3 weeks after I bought it :(