Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2018, 05:00 AM   #1
vinooooo93

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2006 Sedan
Centre point jack location ? (yaris 2006)

Hey guys,

Just wondering where the best centre point jack location to lift the car up ?

If you could show me relative to the photo below (sorry for the crappy quality), that would be of much help !
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 47026762_956587381198985_2011445661320347648_n (1).jpg (99.6 KB, 102 views)
vinooooo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:40 AM   #2
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
There are not any realistic middle jack points in the yaris dye to it only having 3 engine mounts and no support beam underneath. If you somehow miraculously have a jack that can reach the large bolt under the doggone mount at the subframe then that is fine to use as a jack point.

Otherwise I personally use the side frame rails which will lifts both the front and rear. I then place one jack stand under the subframe rail in the front and under one of the bolts for the small support bats in the rear. I put towels on the jack stand so it doesnt scratch the frame and lead yo rust.

I'd highly recommend not using the pinch welds to support the yaris. They are only meant for road side emergency purposes and constant use will lead to them rolling over and rusting between all those layers.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:02 AM   #3
vinooooo93

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2006 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmontague View Post
There are not any realistic middle jack points in the yaris dye to it only having 3 engine mounts and no support beam underneath. If you somehow miraculously have a jack that can reach the large bolt under the doggone mount at the subframe then that is fine to use as a jack point.

Otherwise I personally use the side frame rails which will lifts both the front and rear. I then place one jack stand under the subframe rail in the front and under one of the bolts for the small support bats in the rear. I put towels on the jack stand so it doesnt scratch the frame and lead yo rust.

I'd highly recommend not using the pinch welds to support the yaris. They are only meant for road side emergency purposes and constant use will lead to them rolling over and rusting between all those layers.

Thanks for that!

Do you have any photos / diagrams of where you suggested to jack and place the stands? I'm not too sure where those are (sorry, still new to this)

I have tried using the pinch welds but like u mentioned, Im worried they may bend and rust over time
vinooooo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 06:16 PM   #4
atomic_hoji

Drives: 2018 Yaris SE 5MT
There are two spots on each side along the pinch weld that are meant for supporting the vehicle - as Trevor noted, there's a concern about rolling them if you're not careful. They are intended for jacking/lifting the Yaris though and it's what a shop will use to lift the care on a hoist.

The by-the-manual jacking point on the Yaris is that big bolt in the center of the sub-frame, directly behind the transmission - lifts the whole front end up. You need a fairly long-handled jack to slide way back in under there. The owner's manual has a basic diagram of the front and rear jack points if I recall, but that picture you posted shows the bolt location clearly. Rear has a noticeable 'stub' just in behind the rear bumper, to the left of the exhaust if you're looking at the rear of the car, sticking down - again, a jack under this point lifts the whole back-end of the car.

-- Adam
atomic_hoji is offline   Reply With Quote