Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #55
brickhardmeat
Lonesome Cowboy

Drives: 2007 WHITE HATCHBACK
everyone will always disagree on subjective matters
Old 09-01-2007, 11:43 AM   #56
death is my gift
wacky broadway nightmare

Drives: Willow is a '07 Red Yaris LB
Send a message via AIM to death is my gift Send a message via MSN to death is my gift Send a message via Yahoo to death is my gift
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
so how did we go from "My thoughts regarding this forum", to where we are now? Seems like it just became another HUGH what is and is not rice argument.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by loafer650 View Post
that being said, what does rice mean to you?
That's how we got here. loafer650 asked "what does rice mean to you?" So, I answered.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #57
nqd

Drives: 07 Yaris LB Absolute RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by death is my gift View Post
That's how we got here. loafer650 asked "what does rice mean to you?" So, I answered.
+1

its just a question...

why you wanna lock up a thread about people opinions?

if the case was we were all arguing and getting all pissed at each other then i would understand....
Old 09-01-2007, 01:07 PM   #58
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
then change this to "Bitch about Rice " as this is what it is now ..
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #59
jdium
Mr Attitude

Drives: Blazing Blue 5 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by black2yaris View Post
then change this to "Bitch about Rice " as this is what it is now ..
Quite simple, if you don't like it, don't click it. I don't like cigarettes, so I don't smoke them. I don't like Barbie's, so I don't buy them. I like conversations with diverse views, debates, etc, so I engage in them. Comprende?
Old 09-01-2007, 10:59 PM   #60
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
just trying to keep the peace.... and everytime this topic come up, it always turns bad
Old 09-02-2007, 06:30 PM   #61
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
hear that Churp? That is exactly was I was talking about... we will leave it open for just a bit longer for a responce from Churp, he thinks this thread should be open, and I am willing to hear why he thinks it should stay open before I deciede to close it again
Close whatever you want! A lot of people come here for entertainment mixed with tech. ......The tech can be found many places, and if the moderators want to curb the entertainment fine. Take my membership off cause I'm not returning....have a good (dry) forum showing everyone how to reset their service lights, etc. And BlackYaris if you think the mods to your car aren't rice, you've burnt too much greymatter.
Old 09-02-2007, 07:32 PM   #62
SmallCarGuy
Desperauto's Son...

Drives: '75 Mini, '08 xB2
I still like my post in the other thread... sums it up best for me...

"More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix "rice", has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities.

This practice is in direct contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model.

In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks."
Old 09-02-2007, 09:25 PM   #63
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
churp .. yah still here ?? nobody wants anyone to leave ..............
2007 2 door hatchback in Black Sand Pearl, A/T,rear spoiler,front & rear JDM badges,TRD CAI,TRD rear sway bar,exhaust tip,sill protectors,heximats,under dash blue LED's,short rubber ant,rear bumper protector,Toyota thin 7 spoke alloy wheels,pwr pkg,ABS,side curtain airbags,rear defogger,fog lights,mud guards,TYC tail lights,shift knob,tint all windows,security sys,keyless entry,clear paint protection all exposed front surfaces,TRD fuel cap,rubber dash & g/b mats
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:08 PM   #64
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by reznunt View Post
"rice" is such a stupid term. i don't walk up to jose and tell him his '54 bel air is "beans" or call up leroy and tell him his '64 impala is "fried chicken" or tell chad that his viper is "mayo."

whoever coined the term "rice" is an idiot. rice is delicious and i'll eat it with fried chicken and beans. but no mayo lol.

wrong again!!!
..rice is good with a fried Telapia or Popeye crispy chicken....
Old 09-02-2007, 10:16 PM   #65
seanele

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
No, I was agreeing with you. Real turbos kick ass! I was just making fun of the little fake turbo device. 200HP is not rice! Racing a Mustang 5.0 in a Yaris and winning is not rice, thats the BEEF!

and I'm not agreeing with you dude!!!

racing a 5.0 mustang is....
woww..wait a second.., why a Yaris race a 5.0 mustang?????

ohh..nevermind dude...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #66
StumpS

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 DR HB
RICE = Tacky , Tasteless , Unecessary , Over-done, Huge Spoilers, Improperly fitted body kits.
StumpS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:17 PM   #67
seanele

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe keeney View Post
Myself I like the Pork Fry Rice Yaris.

don't forget the sauce...
Old 09-02-2007, 10:22 PM   #68
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by churp View Post
Close whatever you want! A lot of people come here for entertainment mixed with tech. ......The tech can be found many places, and if the moderators want to curb the entertainment fine. Take my membership off cause I'm not returning....have a good (dry) forum showing everyone how to reset their service lights, etc. And BlackYaris if you think the mods to your car aren't rice, you've burnt too much greymatter.
Yeah, I am not a ricer, no stickers, no wing, no chrome, nothing flashy.... my car is just clean

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallCarGuy View Post
I still like my post in the other thread... sums it up best for me...

"More contemporary use of the term rice burner, along with the prefix "rice", has taken on an alternate pejorative meaning for an automobile that has been modified to give impression of high performance, but does not necessarily have any high-performance capabilities.
This practice is in direct contrast to the "stealth" or "sleeper" style of automotive modification, where a vehicle may have major performance modifications, but the appearance remains similar to that of a stock model.

In this manner, the appellation can apply to any vehicle regardless of country of origin. The most commonly modified cars are sport compacts, but the term can apply to any class of vehicle, including trucks."
Old 09-02-2007, 10:59 PM   #69
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Hope you see this churp. I think no one wants you to leave the forum. No one!
Please do not leave!
Come back and tell me if you think my car (see left) is rice please.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:00 PM   #70
loafer650

Drives: 07 yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by churp View Post

since i started this thread let me ask again...

]WHAT IS YOUR DEFINITION OF RICE?
loafer650 is offline   Reply With Quote