Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
AzianCuz
conundrum562

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Type S
Send a message via AIM to AzianCuz
Exclamation Battery/Gear Light Flickering & Alternator Not Charging

01. Power Relay was stuck. Basically when I turn the ignition to off, the car would still think it's on ACC or Accessory mode, since it was stuck.

02. The whole fuse junction box, below the driver steering wheel had to be replaced. I got a used one for $290 dealership would have been $500-$700.

03. After this was replaced, I noticed that my battery indicator was flickering crazy and my gear light on the cluster was doing the same thing. Finally my alternator gave out.

04. Found out it was from a green wire that was in the fuse junction box. That mechanic probably "Cut It" for reasons unknown... Maybe wanted to make more money off of me, who knows. Not here to judge.

05. My other friend mechanic clamped the wire back together and now there's no more intermittent flickering and the alternator is now charging the battery.

[IMG][/IMG]

BLITZ S/C|MICRO-IMAGE CRANK PULLEY|NST ALT;WATER PUMP PULLEY|BLITZ SUS SHORT RAM;HEADERS;AXLE-BACK EXHAUST|2.25 PIPING|1ZZ INJECTORS|OPTIMA YELLOW-TOP|GTSPEC FRONT STRUT;MID LOWER CHASSIS;4 PNT FRNT LOWER BRACE|WHITELINE REAR SWAY;BUSHINGS|TANABE FRNT SWAY|TRD LOWERING SPRINGS/SHOCKS|R1 CONCEPT DRILLED & SLOTTED ROTORS|EBC GREEN PADS|THROTTLE SPACER|XTREME PERFORMANCE CHIP MOD
AzianCuz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternator, battery, battery indicator, battery light, flickering