Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-09-2014, 12:46 AM   #1
Jlively
Mr J.

Drives: 2009 yaris 5 dr HB
Send a message via AIM to Jlively
Ignition coil

Are there any "performance" ign coils for the 1nz or any type of ignition upgrade you can do to? I havent found anything yet but that doesnt mean there isnt something Im missing. If not oh well but if there is is it worth while to upgrade it on this motor *going on a motor that is already getting a bit of modification and upgrades.
Jlively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #2
woops

Drives: Jeep Cherokee XJ 1996
What kind of mods and upgrades?

the stock ignition coils are very sturdy and powerful as they are.
woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 04:02 PM   #3
Jlively
Mr J.

Drives: 2009 yaris 5 dr HB
Send a message via AIM to Jlively
Cams, custom intake manifold, tb, modified cai, full exhaust, bugger fuel inj, possibly bigger pump, fuel rail, few electrical add ons via interior, fog light kit. Decent lil bit but if ima increase air and fuel to help boost power I would prefer to boost my spark as well if possible. I havent had any luck finding anything so im thinking their is no direct upgrade for it.
Jlively is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 08:15 PM   #4
mitchell12

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Coils are basically all the same in how they work. Just switching power on and off to fire. It would be simple enough to add any coil you wanted really but there really isn't much need asome you might think if you are used to older distribution systems. Our engines have a coil for every cylinder which means they are never really over worked especially considering electronics can adjust the timing and dwell so accurately.
Old 10-14-2014, 08:28 PM   #5
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlively View Post
Are there any "performance" ign coils for the 1nz or any type of ignition upgrade you can do to? I havent found anything yet but that doesnt mean there isnt something Im missing. If not oh well but if there is is it worth while to upgrade it on this motor *going on a motor that is already getting a bit of modification and upgrades.
I have these: http://www.okadaprojects.com/usa/products_direct.htm

Saw zero difference on the dyno.