Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2010, 11:36 PM   #1
Moses

Drives: 08' Toyota Yaris Hatchback
How to tune my Yaris engine? suspension?

What are the hatchbacks storng points, Weak points? How to stop it from sounding like a sowing machine? How to make it peppy ? Engine bay modifications / dressing? everyone please throw in your two cents! Any tips & tricks are welcome !
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 AM   #2
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Well if its looks that you are looking for or to do some mods on the engine then go to microimageonline.com you will be pleased with the stuff they have there. Also you can hit up Garm, or better known as cali yaris who runs MI, check the mans ride its off the hook, I hope with this you can do what you need to do, holla at me, one.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 05:22 AM   #3
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
PLEASE READ THIS WITH AN OPEN MIND, I DID NOT MEAN TO PISS ANY ONE OFF, OR SAY YOUR LOOKS CRAP,

u are most welcome to use the info, and if i helped anyone after reading this cool, if not sorry

what u can do get a piggy back racing chip, do remapping, change the complete exhuast, also look for a exhaust tail that suites the car dont fit a gtr exhaust, small car huge pipe( thats why the car makes so much noise its struggling to carry the exhuast pipe) , upgrade air intake, do a 60mm drop all around with koni fsd fully adjustables, roll fenders, upgarde the brakes, gas flow heads, get the new valve set from mirco image, put a third stage racing cam,

get some big but light alloys, and tires that gives grip, fit racing seats as they are lighter then the originals, get rid of the spare wheel in the boot,put a carbon firber bonnet,get a nice roof spoiler, the body kit is up to u, u can go big or slim line,

remember with body kits, it can make the car look nice, or make it look ugly, so choose wisely,
also with the mags choose something that will stand out and uplift the vehicle at the same time, mags can also spoil the looks, even if the body kit is fantasic,

when dropping always go big wheel and the lowest profile u can fit eg( 215-30-zr18) or you can go eg( 205-30-zr18) front and rear eg(215-30-zr18),this will make the car look so cool from behind becuase the wide tire.and the wheels wont stick out the fenders, they will just end by the fenders, with the drop the rear fender should cover the rear tires but u can still the mags, dont forget to roll or cut the fenders so they dont catch the tires, also make sure the tires dont rub against the springs at the back,the front should be ok but again just make sure,u can also give the car a wide look if u go narrow dish in front and wide dish at the back, if u leave the standard size on it, it doesnt make the drop stand out, if the car is black go sliver, high polish, light grey,chrome,gold, if u want black mags go high gloss black with a chrome dish,or high polish silver,

change the out side door handles to slim line and make sure they have the look of keyless entry, u can make them the same color as the vehicle, better yet just get rid of it, and do the same to the boot,

tint is always much better if its black and abit dark remember do this to all the windows, different color tint and mirror finsh makes the car look cheap,

if u going to spray the brake callipers choose one of two colors red or yellow, they stand out more then the other colors and looks better,

stickers is all up to you again, some like alot some dont like and some only want a few, to keep the car neat rather go with originals badges from the car, like the vvti under the flasher on the fenders, remove all the toyota and yaris badges, u can put a trd badge on the rear doors at the bottom, or you can put the 30cm by 20cm trd on the rear doors

remember if u putting a sticker on the front windscreen put the same one on the rear windscreen, quarter glass windows are also nice to put stickers on, but they need to be slim and the length of the glass, always make sure that the stickers u fitting are fitted on the inside of the windows, so people dont damage them, and they wont fade so quickly, make the stickers white or the same color as the car,

inside the car must be comfortable becuase u want to spend a lot of time in there, choose racing seats that fit u snug, u dont want the seat hurting u while driving, when fitting extra gauages to the vehicle put it or make it look like it part of the vehicle, most cars have them on the front pillar of the driver side windscreen, digital heads up display is always cool to have,

if u going to fit racing pedals fit the right ones, dont fit the clip on's they come off from time to time, rather get the racing pedels the look and finish is much better and dont forget the foot rest to complete the look, make sure the streeing wheel gear knob and hand brake handle is the same make,

color for inside always works well if the car is light and inside is dark or the other way around, soft leather gives that feels of expensive, like merc s class or bmw 750, when recovering the seats the door panels and roof liner must be done,

when fitting in new interior lights dont go dark always go bright, keep up with the new cars, people always pick these small things up when they see your car, put lights under the front dash, under the front seat at the back, rear inside panels,the doom light use super white,

the inside door panels by the window u can fit one small led light one green and one red that flashes, red flashe when the vehicle is lock and green when its open, fit it in the corner of the doors where the door handles use to be,

dont forget the hid kit for the headlights and fogs, keep the rear tail lights original as the after market ones give problems, make sure u change all the flasher unit globes to super white, the only one that will flash yellow is the one on the fender, sorry about this but the after market lense is clear and had chrome finish, looks cheap, unless they make it like the orginal one

dvd screens look nice when the screen doesnt fill the whole head rest, when fitting it make sure it looks like a frame,the head rest should be the frame for the dvd screen, also keep this to a few, u dont want it to look like u just walked into a sony shop, and dont put screens where people cant see them, and dont fit them into the bumpers,

PLEASE NOTE EVERY CAR ON THIS FORUM IS THE COOLEST CARS ON THE PLANET

Last edited by nazier; 07-16-2010 at 06:46 AM.
nazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #4
darkMINI

Drives: 08 hatch
E-throttle mod, short shifter kit, lowering springs/struts, rear sway-bar, light/wide wheels, true cold-air intake or turbo, better exhaust, decent fuzzbuster, and you'll be satisfied for a little while.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Midnight Drifter
Going Retro

Drives: '09 Tacoma | '90 Tercel
Quote:
Originally Posted by nazier View Post
PLEASE READ THIS WITH AN OPEN MIND, I DID NOT MEAN TO PISS ANY ONE OFF
I'm open minded about many things but not typing/proofreading skill (or lack of) when trying to provide helpful information to others... have you ever heard of Microsoft Word? ;)
Midnight Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #6
GnomeBody
AD&D Dork

Drives: 07Liftback/07sedanS
like real mods? or like bling?

I think the single most for the money mod is the rear swaybar avaliable via "Microimage"Link

Mods: K&N filter, Megan Coilovers, Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar, Sun tachometer, Window Tint.
GnomeBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:02 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
have you ever heard of Microsoft Word? ;)
LOL.

what everyone else said.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #8
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
read this first, I did take some effort to write it up, though it may need some updating now :D

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9451

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:38 AM   #9
nikhil
I've made a post!

Drives: Toyota Vitz SCP 10
vitz automatic

Hi,
I have an AT vitz year 2001 SCP 10. Is it worth tuning? I.e. replacing the engine with a glanza engine?
nikhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 08:18 AM   #10
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil View Post
Hi,
I have an AT vitz year 2001 SCP 10. Is it worth tuning? I.e. replacing the engine with a glanza engine?
Please post your question in a new thread.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote