Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-26-2024, 08:00 AM   #1
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Question about wiring up Morimoto Sealed6 Bi-LED H4 in 2007 LB

Hello, everyone!

I have decided to upgrade the lighting on my 2007 Yaris liftback by adding some auxiliary lighting in the form of DOT-approved Morimoto Sealed 4x6" bi-LED projectors
I plan to cut into the bumper cover and mount them with brackets to the bumper support like a rally car. My question is on the best method to wire everything.

First of all, is the OEM fog light relay wiring & fuse optimal for the 35W LEDhigh beam? I'm thinking that if I want to use the OEM fog light switch that I will need to make it power a relay that powers directly from the battery...

I want to set everything up so that the new LED high and low beams will toggle with the factory headlights. But, I want the added function of being able to toggle off the new LED lights and just use factory headlights (just in case I get flack from police even though they are dOT approved). The new LED projectors are h4 high and low beam which I hope will simplify the wiring a bit.

I plan to use the OEM fog light relay to power a relay that provides power to the lights directly from the battery. And then, t-splice into the H4 to get signals for high and low to power relays so that the new LEDs switch between high and low with the factory headlights. People have recommended just powering the high and low beam off of the existing factory headlight wiring, but I'm sure that's going to melt wiring really quick. I'm thinking that my method will allow for a power cable directly to the battery to reduce the chances of melting my factory wiring harness..

Any suggestions, CT_Scott?

Last edited by TRD_Yaris; 03-29-2024 at 04:27 AM.
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote