Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 AM   #19
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealEnth View Post
Well... ill tell you this incident. It was nighttime. i was going home and out of nowhere booom -ran over a pothole-. Tire is gone. Just to give you a sense of how it wasnt just my careless driving... shortly after... there was a pileup of about 20 cars or so that did exactly the same thing. The construction company made a hole... covered it with some metal.. over time it slide over and yeah.. Maybe we are all reckless and deserved the hole.. But yea.. Some holes we cant just go over like its all good.
Ontario roads are pretty good in general. I would at all cost dodge the hole in Montreal. I've seen ppl getting over 6000$ damages to their car due to a pot hole. Sure, insurance is gonna pay, once repaired, it's gonna look like new.. but it's still a 6000$ damage right? I wouldn't even care if it was a rental/lease, but if I want to keep my car forever... hmm.. DODGE THE HOLE!!!!
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:13 AM   #20
TheRealEnth
Beast

Drives: 2007 Blz Blu LB
Send a message via AIM to TheRealEnth
The point was I didnt see the hole =( and they do do damage.... Contrary to someones comment saying are cars can take potholes!@

One you've taken a yaris for a spin, there's no turning back.
Its a Chao!!!
TheRealEnth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 07:45 AM   #21
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealEnth View Post
Well... ill tell you this incident. It was nighttime. i was going home and out of nowhere booom -ran over a pothole-. Tire is gone. Just to give you a sense of how it wasnt just my careless driving... shortly after... there was a pileup of about 20 cars or so that did exactly the same thing. The construction company made a hole... covered it with some metal.. over time it slide over and yeah.. Maybe we are all reckless and deserved the hole.. But yea.. Some holes we cant just go over like its all good.
Same thing happened to me on hwy-11 north of newmarket. Construction company screwed up. I had a hell of a time finding a replacement Konig Tuner alloy, but got a deal on the Toyo proxy replacement because of the tire's had road hazard warranty. All in all, it cost me about $500 to fix...

I probably would have been able to avoid it, but my eyes strayed over to all the people at the side of the road and then, 'holly shit', try to avoid, too late, bam!, no more wheel.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote