Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-11-2007, 07:40 PM   #19
FlyingDevil

Drives: 07 Corolla
thanks alot for all the respinses guys.
i really want to get this car, especially that theres a turbo availabe now lol.
im going to rosner toyota tomorow(MD-VA), theres a car show there, im gonna be participating with other 9thgen corolla and toyota owners... so im gonna be asking about the prices...
im really falling in love with this car
FlyingDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #20
blacksan

Drives: 07 Bayou Blue Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDevil View Post
thanks alot for all the respinses guys.
i really want to get this car, especially that theres a turbo availabe now lol.
im going to rosner toyota tomorow(MD-VA), theres a car show there, im gonna be participating with other 9thgen corolla and toyota owners... so im gonna be asking about the prices...
im really falling in love with this car
What kind of turn out is expected? I might even come out of the holler to see it if the weather holds!
blacksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 10:32 PM   #21
FlyingDevil

right now it looks like theres gonna be 28 pple. from what i heard there's gonna be corolla's celica's scions and i think if not mistaken a supra as well.

heres the flyer

it only has pics of corollas because the show started out from a corolla forum... (9thgencorolla.com)
Old 05-11-2007, 10:44 PM   #22
blacksan

Neat, do people in NOVA actually know what BBQ is? I could bring some fresh possom fer the grill.
Old 05-11-2007, 11:07 PM   #23
FlyingDevil

^^haha hopefully we wont meet ur BBQ's on the way there and mess up someones bumper lol
Old 05-15-2007, 07:57 PM   #24
FlyingDevil

i got another question for u guys and gals :D
how much u payin for insurance ?? i just got a quote from geico, they said $1533 for 6 months... i was kinda wow-ed because thats alot for a little car...
i know its a new car, but i tought it would be little cheap because its an economic car and all....
oh and im 19... and no accidents or tickets on my record
what do u guys think? is it too high for the yaris? and what do u guys pay for ur yarii (insurance)?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #25
blacksan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingDevil View Post
i got another question for u guys and gals :D
how much u payin for insurance ?? i just got a quote from geico, they said $1533 for 6 months... i was kinda wow-ed because thats alot for a little car...
i know its a new car, but i tought it would be little cheap because its an economic car and all....
oh and im 19... and no accidents or tickets on my record
what do u guys think? is it too high for the yaris? and what do u guys pay for ur yarii (insurance)?
about $650.00 a year for full coverage through Erie. I am also 25 years older then you which probably makes a tad bit of difference in rate quoting.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:21 PM   #26
FlyingDevil

ya i was quoted for full coverage as well, but $1532 for 6 months kinda looses the whole point of buying a cheap/affordable car... that means i gotta pay about 260 a month for insurance.. so im looking at about $580 a month (insurance + car payment)... thats kind of hard for me, cuz i have to pay for my college and books. lost my job too (damn compusa closing)
so i dont know, u guys think its worth it for the yaris?
or should i just go buy an old car (again...) with maintenance headaches and cheap insurance?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:25 PM   #27
blacksan

If I where you I would grab something just a few years old with a good track record that has already depreciated. You could get all the benefits you would get from a new YARIS at a better price.
Old 05-15-2007, 08:52 PM   #28
FlyingDevil

ya i think thats whats gonna happen in the end... i wanted the yaris pretty bad... we'll c what happens..

oh and blacksan heres the link to the meet of the rosner toyota with pics.
http://www.9thgencorolla.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=58253
Old 05-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #29
kaboom

Drives: 2007 silver yaris sedan
we pay $ 204 / year ( i.e. $ 17 per month) for liability insurance on our yaris with Geico. I paid cash for that appliance so I was not required to get full coverage ins. So we only pay for whatever the state requires...
kaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 01:46 AM   #30
MudBug

Drives: 07 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
I don't like talking about money... BUT:

I have a Costco Membership... and though Costco you get a discount when you buy new cars...

You have to contact Costco... and they will contact a dealer for you...

YOU WILL SAVE MONEY!

Yup, I did the same thing and paid Invoice +$300 (Then the GOV got their tax & License).

No haggling, no wondering if I got a good price, I sat down, they showed me what they paid, showed me their Costco deal for +$300, I said yes, signed the papers, paid the cash, and left.
MudBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:38 AM   #31
Bis

Drives: Yaris LB
got my 3dr lb w/ opt c, floor mats, and keyless entry for $13,200. sticker price was $13,850. w/ tax, tags, fees it came out to $15,200.

this is how i deal...

1. start off with the base price of the car + 1/2 the price off available options package/accessories as your first offer. maybe even lower...your sales person will laugh at you, but keep a straight face. :D

2. with the second and third offers increase your previous offer by $100. your sales person will think you are crazy at this time, and will probably tell you there is no way he is going to sell you the car at that redicously low price. tell him to go talk to his manager. though the sales person may not sell you the car at that price, because he will not receive no/very little commission, the dealer will get paid by the quantity of cars they sell at the end of the year, so the dealer will sell you the car even if they just break even.

3. with your final offer, increase your third offer by $50. if the sales person tells you no again, ask him to take the offer to his manager. before he takes the offer to his manager, you should make it very clear that this is your final offer and if he can not give you this offer, then you are sure you can find a better deal some where else. most likely he'll come back with a yes.

i've bought 3 cars ('06 s2k, '07 fj cruiser, '07 yaris) in less than a year, and helped over a dozen or so friends using this method. so far i've only been turned down once. it was at a local acura dealership, which was know for it's jackassness, but we found another dealership that was willing to seal the deal.
Bis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:28 PM   #32
SaerinRhoe
'09 Yaris

Drives: '09 Yaris
When I bought my 3-door, the sticker price was $14,900. The dealer had a $1,500 rebate and I had a $3,000 AirCheck Texas voucher which brought the price down to $10,400 and that's what I financed.

The AirCheck Texas voucher is from a program here in Texas where the state will give you a voucher if you and your current vehicle meet certain requirements. This helps them get old, polluting vehicles off the street and gives the user money for a new car. Basically it comes down to the income of all the people in your household and how old is your current car. I make less than the limit for 1 person and my car was 11 years old.

Without the voucher I wouldn't have been able to buy the car.

S.R.

SaerinRhoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:58 PM   #33
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
i paid 9K out the door

it was an 07 with 6K miles on it

it has all power, cold weather package and teh 60/40 rear seats

i got an awesome deal, the toyota dealer offered to buy it a few weeks ago for 9,300

it has like 30K miles on it now!
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #34
sliiice

Drives: 2007 hatchback
You know what's nice? This thread was about 2007's and the prices haven't fallen much for used 2007's! I like that they keep their value.
sliiice is offline   Reply With Quote