Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #19
sanityassassinv2
The poison in your poison

Drives: 2008 Black Liftback MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_hickman11 View Post
Also you might want to see what company your dealer uses to transport it's new cars/trucks from the dist. to the dealership. Maybe you could contact them and see what they have to say about it. Just tell them your car was dented and that SET said it wasn't them and your dealer said it was like that on the transporter. Might be a dead end but it's worth a try.
SET railheads it's vehicles to locations around the Southeast...from that point on STS (Southeast Transportation Systems--a wholly owned subsidiary of SET which is in turn owned by JM Family Enterprises, Inc.) trucks the vehicles to the dealers.
sanityassassinv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:22 PM   #20
Phaeton

Drives: Blazing Blue Liftback
You could just take the car back and tell them to cancel your loan.
Phaeton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:28 PM   #21
sanityassassinv2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaeton View Post
You could just take the car back and tell them to cancel your loan.
Naw, I love my baby and everything I have done to her. I'm only seeking a mere $400 bucks and the correct light kit from these guys, you would think it would be good business sense for them to "do the right thing" here; If they don't, they simply won't be getting my business for the car I am purchasing in a few months (was planning on it being an Scion XD, but now not so sure) which would most assuredly be worth more than $400.

If I do go with the XD, I may buy it in Tennessee when I visit my family for Christmas. Since I am a mechanic for a major airline, I fly for free. I can drive the XD home and feel comfortable in the knowledge that neither Harrelson Toyota nor SET got my business. Will my one little act hurt the bottom line for either of these companies, no, of course not. But when no one stands up for themselves and for what is right it paves the way for everyone else to get screwed over.

Last edited by sanityassassinv2; 10-20-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 PM   #22
gid

Drives: '08 Yaris sedan , '08 Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
GOOD LUCK with your problem as i am signing off. i can't subject myself to another VPCORPS and endless pages of toyota bashing. if you called the toyota number and they blew you off then good for you.......
geesh , give the guy a break . We've had bad relations with many TOYOTA dealerships as well . Don't feel like going into all the details that we've encountered with TOYOTA personnel in all departments over the years . Not everyone remembers or expects to have to go over a new vehicle with a magnifying glass . We learned our lesson long ago with a '92 EAGLE Summit ( Mirage ) that had been in a hail storm and were not told so by that dealer . You had to look at it in ceratain light and angle to see them which came by accident . Went back and expressed our disappointment with them and blew right over their heads , could have cared less . Therefore , live and learn .
gid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 06:21 AM   #23
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
It is unfortunate, but there are auto dealers out there that are not customer friendly after a person purchases their car. If I were you, I would go to a different dealer and see if you can get better service.
A friend of mine had bought a new jeep and there was one problem after another and no satisfaction from the dealer. He put a big lemon decal on the door and and words that said, 'bought at (dealerships name) and drove up and down in front of the dealership.
After a few weeks, the took the jeep back and gave him a new one.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:13 AM   #24
elmo
WFO

Drives: 2008 hb
here you go, these folks make a car buying easy and stand behind what they sell

http://www.jimbarkleytoyota.com/

fuckin hackers all my post are gone :(
elmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:22 PM   #25
sanityassassinv2

Someone is reading

Well, it appears that someone from SET is reading this thread. I got a call from a manager at SET today (even though they told me yesterday that it was out of their hands.) He is going "to look into the issues for me," so I guess I will wait and see what happens.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #26
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Its too bad that you were not treated fairly, but you really set yourself up for problems when you started signing things sight-unseen, then compounded matters by accepting the vehicle in any condition other than the way you wanted it. I hope everyone can learn a lesson from this: don't say "yes" unless you mean it. Unfortunately, it sounds like your "squeaky wheel" approach is about your only recourse. I am certain that you'd be challenged to win in court, since you did accept delivery. The only exception is if you have a detailed "make ready" or "we owe" form explicitly stating what must be done. The second you let them know the loan time was limited, they owned you. Hope karma pays them back. Caveat emptor.
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #27
sanityassassinv2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmdd View Post
Its too bad that you were not treated fairly, but you really set yourself up for problems when you started signing things sight-unseen, then compounded matters by accepting the vehicle in any condition other than the way you wanted it. I hope everyone can learn a lesson from this: don't say "yes" unless you mean it. Unfortunately, it sounds like your "squeaky wheel" approach is about your only recourse. I am certain that you'd be challenged to win in court, since you did accept delivery. The only exception is if you have a detailed "make ready" or "we owe" form explicitly stating what must be done. The second you let them know the loan time was limited, they owned you. Hope karma pays them back. Caveat emptor.
Yeah, we already established that I am a dumbass for taking them at their word. I guess I was a bit naive in dealing with civilians--the last several years of my life were spent as a SGT in the US Army where loyalty and accountability were something more than "words."
Old 10-21-2008, 05:05 PM   #28
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityassassinv2 View Post
Yeah, we already established that I am a dumbass for taking them at their word. I guess I was a bit naive in dealing with civilians--the last several years of my life were spent as a SGT in the US Army where loyalty and accountability were something more than "words."
Welcome to corporate America.
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 PM   #29
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityassassinv2 View Post
Hooah.

Retired NCO.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 06:59 PM   #30
Eds09ToY

Drives: 09 Black Yaris 5 dr Liftback
hey bro. sorry to hear the trouble you're going through. just picked up my o9 5 dr liftback from Scott Clark ToyotaCity in Charlotte, NC.
Went there cause my mom got her Rav4 from them. they are quite alright. even though u can't help but feel like u got ripped off when u walk out of the dealership.
i did ask for a spoiler to get installed and for a scratch to get fixed. which hadn't gotten done until i called today. so they asked which spoiler i wanted and they would fixed the scratch when i took the car in. so they are pretty alright guys.

U should definitely fight until u get what u asked for.. its only fair. you're paying for the car.. ok.

i'm a noob to this site and hope to get a lot of ideas of stuff to do to my Yaris. i'll post pics of my Yaris too.. :P see u guys around..
Eds09ToY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:01 AM   #31
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
I say sue em and sue em good. They lied to you, withheld your money, and then gave you less-than-what you paid for. Then they didn't correct problems they said they would. And they SHOULD have given you money off for the damaged door. They didn't, did they? Pictures and documents are needed, as well as pone records. Just calls to and from Toyota highlighted are all you need. Also, it will help to see if you can find prices for the parts they DID install, so you can get a good idea of price difference for an idea of how much to sue them for. Also, ask a lawyer to look over your case first, just to make sure you will be ready. Don't pay for him/ her to be there or do it for you. Most lawyers will do this for free or very, very cheap. (I wouldn't pay more than $100) It is legal advice, so they can write it all off. I do recommend the Toyota dealerships in Tacoma. They are good. Not so much in Olympia though.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:04 AM   #32
Callisto

Drives: '08 Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric81 View Post
I say sue em and sue em good. They lied to you, withheld your money, and then gave you less-than-what you paid for. Then they didn't correct problems they said they would. And they SHOULD have given you money off for the damaged door. They didn't, did they? Pictures and documents are needed, as well as pone records. Just calls to and from Toyota highlighted are all you need. Also, it will help to see if you can find prices for the parts they DID install, so you can get a good idea of price difference for an idea of how much to sue them for. Also, ask a lawyer to look over your case first, just to make sure you will be ready. Don't pay for him/ her to be there or do it for you. Most lawyers will do this for free or very, very cheap. (I wouldn't pay more than $100) It is legal advice, so they can write it all off. I do recommend the Toyota dealerships in Tacoma. They are good. Not so much in Olympia though.
If you go the legal route, make sure you get a free chat with the lawyer to figure out what damages, if any, you can seek. It is entirely possible that any legal action (even just the consultation) would cost more than the recoverable damages, especially if something goes wrong and you get saddled with the other guy's legal costs.

If you have money to burn, and want to make a point, go for it. If not, then you may be in the large group of people with a meritorious claim that it just doesn't pay to pursue.

Good Luck
Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 11:32 AM   #33
eric81

Drives: Toyota Salesman
Note: a counseltation is a meeting to decide wether or not it would be worth the time and effort to do something. So basically you just repeated what I said. Good job.
eric81 is offline   Reply With Quote