Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #19
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Got it done last night. Went ahead and just used T-Taps w/ quick slide connectors. I didn't have to buy a new cable to do this either. I had leftovers from this cable:

When I did this aux. jack modification on my '07 LB, I cut the above cable in half and used the end with the RCA connectors for this modification and kept the other end (the one with the 3.5mm connector) in my spare parts box.

Worked out perfectly because my new HU has a 3.5mm input on the back. All I had to do was crimp male quick slide connectors on each of the four wires. After the connectors were crimped on, I simply slid each one into the T-Taps I put on each wire on the stock aux jack's harness.

Connections:

- red wire from 3.5mm cable to ARI
- white wire from 3.5mm cable to ALI
- one of the black wires from the 3.5mm cable to ASGN
- the other black wire from the 3.5mm cable to AGND

This cable I used has four wires matching the four wires of the new aux jack harness:

I tested the wires first before crimping and connecting. The sound didn't change at all when I switched the cable's two black ground wires around (connecting each to the ground shield and audio ground on the aux jack harness).

Last edited by IsLNdbOi; 12-19-2008 at 12:49 AM.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 05:19 PM   #20
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
what wires on your stock aux harness did you use though?
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2008, 12:50 AM   #21
IsLNdbOi

Drives: Polar White - 5 Door '09 LB
Added additional info. to my previous post.
IsLNdbOi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 03:57 AM   #22
jcboy

Drives: Sedan 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
Got it done last night. Went ahead and just used T-Taps w/ quick slide connectors. I didn't have to buy a new cable to do this either. I had leftovers from this cable:

When I did this aux. jack modification on my '07 LB, I cut the above cable in half and used the end with the RCA connectors for this modification and kept the other end (the one with the 3.5mm connector) in my spare parts box.

Worked out perfectly because my new HU has a 3.5mm input on the back. All I had to do was crimp male quick slide connectors on each of the four wires. After the connectors were crimped on, I simply slid each one into the T-Taps I put on each wire on the stock aux jack's harness.

Connections:

- red wire from 3.5mm cable to ARI
- white wire from 3.5mm cable to ALI
- one of the black wires from the 3.5mm cable to ASGN
- the other black wire from the 3.5mm cable to AGND

This cable I used has four wires matching the four wires of the new aux jack harness:

I tested the wires first before crimping and connecting. The sound didn't change at all when I switched the cable's two black ground wires around (connecting each to the ground shield and audio ground on the aux jack harness).
Sorry to thread necro, but is this the reason why i get humming sound only when on IGN and not on ACC? I left the AGND out as i was under the impression only pins 15, 16 & 17 were involved in the audio transfer-so pin 18 AGND wasnt connected to anything.
jcboy is offline   Reply With Quote